On the hunt.

(PHOENIX)
I look down at my hands and all I see is crimson red. The man I killed lay sprawled in some inhuman position. No. I run my hands through my hair and tug at the ends. I did it again. He was innocently walking through the woods. And I killed him. When I look up I realise it's night. Hopefully everyone is back in the car so we can get out of here.

A snap let out behind me and I spin quickly. Three men have shotguns held up ready to shoot. I better get out of here. When I start running leaves crunch under my footsteps giving away my position. A massive crack exploded behind me and a large pulse In my side made me fall to my face on the ground. Fire ran through my veins and I gasp for breath. No air would come in. I feared looking down but when a warm liquid began flooding my side I had to look down at the bullet hole.

I almost faint at the sight. There's blood gushing out of my side and I quickly put pressure on it which instantly magnifies the pain. I let out a scream of agony as I writhe on the forest floor.
"You shot someone!" The muffled voice of a man cried.
"Phoenix!" The female voice came to me but my vision was blurred. I think it was Em.

"Nix. Keep your eyes open okay. We're going to get you out of here." The warm sound of Emily's voice came to me. Where is Kimberly?
"Where is Kim?" I gasp out with my back arching off the ground a little. I blinked a few times to get my eyes into focus but Emily looked confused.
"I didn't hear what you said." She cried. The three men were now surrounding me and assessed the damage.

"Kim." I mumble closing my eyes. There was a long pause. Too long.
"Phoenix.. She didn't come back to the truck."

(KIMBERLY)
I sprint in the direction I hear a gun shot. My first fear is Phoenix shooting someone. But my bigger fear was someone shooting Phoenix for self defence. Suddenly a loud scream rang through the forest. My feet immediately stuck to the ground and my heart stopped before throbbing deeply.
"Phoenix." I whisper before sprinting faster through the trees and toward the direction of the noise.

I could hear people talking now. And lights flashing around. When I saw blue and red lights glowing through the trees I ran straight for it. When I broke into the clearing the doors of the ambulance slammed doors shut around Johnny and Emily.
"Phoenix!" I shout racing forward before trying to rip the doors open but they sped away from my grasp.

"I'm so sorry." A masculine voice whispered and I turn around. There is one pale faced and terrified, one is comforting him and the other one nodded.
"What happened?" I demand to know what happened to Nix. The guy rubbed the back of his neck before answering.

"We were just hunting deer. When something moved we all looked up. But Jerry," he points to the pale faced guy with tears flooding from his cheeks "he shot thinking it was a deer. We all thought he was one until he screamed." The guy looked apologetic but that didn't stop the sinking feeling in my heart. It was him, he got shot. "Wh-here did he g-et.. Shot?" I ask pleading them for it to be the arm or leg or something.

The guy crying let out a strangled sob and the one comforting him winced. The man infront of me turned to them then me.
"It was in his stomach." I stopped breathing and stumbled a little. The guy held me up by my shoulders.
"I have a truck. I'll drive us to hospital. Okay?" I look at him and nod a little. "It's the least I could do." He adds solemnly.

Time jump to being in his car.

"I just- I'm so sorry.." Jerry finished with a choking sob and I watch as Tori reached forward to rub his shoulders. Tori was the one who always consoled Jerry. Caleb was driving but he did spare a worried glance toward the crying male beside him.

"Jerry, it wasn't your fault." Tori whispered but Jerry hid his face in his hands.
"I shot him!" He cried loudly. Tori reached forward and grabbed one of his hands in his own and gently rubbed his thumb over it.
"Babe. It was an accident. The hospital is going to take care of him and everything is going to be alright."

Hmm, Tori and Jerry are gay. With each other. Fair enough.
"Do you promise?" Jerry whispered. Tori nodded and squeezed his hand.
"Of course, I promise." I smile a little and turn away. Tori's calm words for Jerry calmed me down too. I want to know Phoenix is okay. Although my heart is still screaming in horror i am a lot calmer than I was before.
"We're here." Caleb said as he pulled into the parking lot. My heart lurched and I jump out of the car before it even stops.

I race through the door a and into the AE.
"Gunshot victim? Please, it's my boyfriend. I've got to see him." I cry to the nurse and she nods.
"Just through that door. To the left, turn right at the second corridor down, to the end of the hall then turn right again." I thanks her before racing through the halls. A few nurses looked at me strangely and one tried to stop me but there was no way in hell.

I found the door and rip it open. Phoenix lay on a surgery table with tubes coming out of him everywhere. His usually tan skin was pale with blood loss and his entire body was drenched in maroon blood. A muffled scream escapes my mouth as my hand covers it. A doctor orders another to take me out at I fight it as much as I can to see Phoenix.
"Clear!" I hear someone shout and I crumble to my knees in the corridor.