Drowning

(PHOENIX)
i sit on the floor of the bathroom balling my eyes out. suddenly Johnny bursts through the door.
"She's gone." he bursts out.
"WHAT?!" i run out the door and towards my car.
"Which direction did she go???" i scrambled trying frantically to get my keys in the door.
"that way." Johnny pointed ahead and i finally opened the door. Johnny grabbed the door before i could shut it.
"Why did you talk over her with the kidnap thing??"
i scoff and him unbelievingly.
"is now the best time to bring that up?! im worried enou-"
"Phoenix!" he gave me a warning shout and i snapped.
"She cuts and she is suicidal! she just about killed herself that day!" i breathe heavily after that confession and start the car. Johnny jumps in the passenger seat and we drive quickly away.

(KIMBERLY)
i keep running through the woods until i find a street. dark lights fill the road as i walk down it. i see a nightclub to my left and pull some cash out of my pocket. one drink wont hurt. my aching feet make their way past all of the drunken dancers and towards a stool at the bar. the bartender asks me what i want and i go for vodka shots. i get the first cup in my hand and raise it to my eyelevel.

"heres to my parents." i throw the burning liquid down my throat and place the cup on the table to retrieve the next one.
"heres to Phoenix." tipping shot after shot down into my mouth i soon feel tipsy. i stumble through the crowd and out onto the footpath. i'd bought a beer by then and it still had a bit left in the bottom.
"am i out of your face enough Phoenix?" i smile up at the stars. "Ha. i dont.. i dont thinkthat we shoulll... should ummmmmmm."

my words all fade into one and my mouth fails to bring together the words. i just laugh histerically and walk into the middle of the road.
"THIS IS WAI I DO NUT DEAL WITH BOYZ!" i shout laughing some more. my butt makes hard landing to the road and i sit cross legged before taking another swig from my bottle.
"see.. your. stupidness has made me sit." i laugh in a creepy girly laugh bending at my waist to show my point. i throw my head back to look back at the stars and fall onto my back. not that i mind.
"come and getr me....."

3 hours later

(PHOENIX)
"i cant believe you didnt tell me..." he whispered quietly covering the silence that once hung over us.
"well what was i meant to do. its not like i had a choice. its her secret. not to mention it might trigger you t-"
"Phoenix. look." he pointed out the windscreen.
"stop avoiding the subject Johnny."
"no. look." he says grabbing my chin and forcing me to look forward. on the road there is a little lump of drunken person. my hand makes its way to my mouth and i jump out of the car running to Kims side. she started giggling her head off when she saw me.

"would you look at what the cat-- drug in.." she slurred loudly
"kim, can you walk to the car?" i sit her up gently and attempt to get her to stand but she refuses.
"im not going.. with some kiidnapper." her words crash together but i knew what she said.
"dont start that Kim. you crashed into me, remember?"
i continue trying to stand her up but she defiantly sits back down. her piercing eyes glare straight through me and i try to remember that shes only drunk.

"you wanted m-me out of your face. so i left." she growls
"Kim. youre drunk. can we talk about thi-"
"-no." she cuts me off before laying on her back on the road. i give up on trying to get her to sit herself up. i scoop her legs up in one arm and hold her back with the other carrying her bridal style. well.. trying.

"GET OFFOV ME!" she screamed wriggling and squirming away from me.
"Kimberly be, ow, careful." i tried to keep a hold of the kicking figure who had now firmly stuck her knee in my face. i gently kneel down and she jumps out of my arms where she faceplanted on the ground and giggled her head off. Johnny was laughing in the background.
"give me a hand will you?" i plead and he just shakes his head.
"Johnny, can you tell him to stop drag, drug no.. dragging me to the caaar?" she whines. i glare at Johnny. if he even dares to-
"you heard the girl." he laughs. i growl at him and send him a piercing glare.

"besides. id rather.. lay here." she giggles and looks up at the stars.
"you're going to freeze if you stay here-"
"shut up. gosh, just like m-my parents.." she trails off and i instantly feel bad. ive been stopping her from watching the TV so she wouldnt know that her parents didnt care she'd run away. they said 'she'll come back. she needs us to live.' if she knew she would be upset.
"you know whyi did it that day? the one i-i crashed into you?" i shake my head. i feel like i should stop her because she'll regret telling me but my curiousity is higher than a mountain.
"My dad hit my mum again, i hated him for do.. doing it." instantly my curiousity dropped and i felt the need to preserve her conscience.
"Kim.. maybe tell me this in the morning when you know what you're saying." she thinks for a second.
"no.. no i need to t-tell you now. otherwise i wont say it. ever." she stares intently at my face to gauge my reaction. i look down and frown.
"if you want to.."
"i do." she whispers and i sigh.
"okay."