Remember Me

(PHOENIX)
My heart stops.
"Wha- what are you talking about Kim.. It's me."
She sits up and looks around the room.
"Where am I. What do you want with me? Why am I here?"
I am pretty sure my heart it breaking.

"Kim. It's me. You're in a hospital. I-"
"Hospital?"
"Yes Kimberly. A hospital."
She snaps her head back to me angrily.
"I don't know who I am. How do you know? That might not even be my name for all I know. Now I'm going to ask you, who are you?"
Yep. There goes my heart. Shattered into a million pieces.

"I-I can't do it. I'm sorry."
I stand up and race out of the room not even bothering to look back. This can't be happening. This can't be happening! I run out of the hospital doors and out onto the footpath. I did this to her and now she's gone and forgotten everything. Who she was. Where she was. And who I was. Tears run down my face as I furiously try to wipe them away. I run out onto the road to get across to the park. Tears blind me as I reach the grassy haven on the other side of the road. Eventually I had walked from the hospital along the footpath to the Dowry Bridge. It's a pretty empty bridge road so I walk up it. Looking down everything floods into my mind.

Kimberly's cutting. My attacks. The pedophile in the hotel. The rodeo incident. Everything. Everything was my fault. I killed my own parents and multiple other innocent people. I abused my own girlfriend. I stood by when she was getting bullied.

I look out at the horizon crying intensely. Suddenly a ring sets off from my pocket. I snatch it up and see the caller ID. 🐨Kimmy Koala🐨
"Kimberly. I know you don't remember but I love you so muc-"
"Phoenix. I remember you! Please. Don't do anything. Where are you?"
My heart stops for the second time today.
"You.. Remember me?"
I can hear crying through the phone and it makes me cry more.
"Yes. I remember you and love you so much. I need you safe. Please where are you so I can get Uncle Foster to bring you back?"

"I'm- on the Dowry bridge."
One split second passed till she bursts out.
"Phoenix. No. Please. Please don't."
I look down off the bridge again and down answer. I hear texting noises, probably to Uncle Foster, before she speaks again.

"Don't you even think about it Phoenix Gally Foster. I need you. Please."
I shut my eyes then turn back to the road.
"Okay.. Wait. You remember my middle name?"
"Yeah well, when you're handcuffed to a wall you can really only try listen to what your captor is saying."
I giggle remembering her face as she realised she was handcuffed to a wall.

"Yeah, yeah. Just get Uncle Foster to hurry up and meet me."
She giggled through the phone and I melted. Two weeks since I've heard her laugh, it's been too long. We exchange goodbyes and I see Uncle Fosters black pick up truck coming up the bridge. He swings the door open. I stood there a moment thinking when he chuckled.
"Hop in. You're scaring me."
I roll my eyes and sit in the front seat pulling my hood over my head and looking at the ground. He stops the car outside of the Hospital.
"Thanks."

I murmur quietly to him as he turns his attention back to the road. He turns back and smiles before driving off. I turn around to see someone leaping at me. Their legs on either side of me and arms wrapped around me tightly I almost fall over in shock. I look down at her, suspended off the ground, smiling. There's my girl. She's back. No thanks to me.

"Hey Chica."

She looks up at me and grins dropping her feet to the floor. Her eyes shine as she hugs my chest closely. I run my fingers through her hair and kiss the top of her head. She looks up at me smiling. I know what she's thinking.
"You mi-"
I slam my lips to hers and she slackens her death grip. Kimberly's hands run up my chest, to my neck then hair. She slides her fingers through my hair before closing her hand and tugging lightly deepening the kiss.

"Well if it isn't the beauty and the beast."
Kimberly pulls back immediately and her shoulders stiffen. And there stood the barbie. Harriet, I think Kim said she was. I entangle my hand in Kim's. Harriet walked up to Kimberly and looked her up from head to toe.

"By the way honey,"
She gestures to Kim's body.
"You ain't exactly a beauty."

I growl and step forward but Kim wraps her other hand around my elbow and pulls me back. Much to my disgust. Harriet smiled.
"But on second thoughts.. This one growls like a dog. Maybe you're both beasts. I think that is more accurate."
My mind silently implodes before I burst out in a low tone.
"You listen to me now and listen good. If you want to live another day, I suggest you keep your mouth shut."

Harriet took a small step back but kept up her front.
"Chill out 'tough guy'. I'm just being honest."

Kimberly glared an icy glare at Harriet which was quickly returned.
"Alright, I'm outta here. I can't stand breathing the same air as two beasts."
She walked off like she'd just come from a fashion shoot. I turned to Kim and she stayed looking forward. It was easy to tell, that hurt.

"Ki-"

She turned and bolted back into the hospital. Sobs broke out as she disappeared through the door way. I race after her.
"Kimberly!"
Kim May be small, but with her feet, she runs like a galloping horse. Quickly skidding around corners I see Kim running into her room in ICU. She slams behind the door and as I go to open it. It locks and I can't get in.

"Kimberly let me in!"
Her sobs loud and desperate. I run my fingers roughly through my hair and race down the hall. A nurse somewhere must have the key.