Monster

[Credits to Skillet the real owner of this song]
(KIMBERLY)
I sung happily to 'she's kinda hot'. I couldn't help but notice Phoenix's smile. Probably because I knew all the words. The next song turned on and I saw instantly that Phoenix was singing the lyrics. His singing voice is hot btw.

The secret side of me,
I never let you see.
I keep it caged,
But I can't control it.
So stay away from me.
The beast is ugly,
I feel the rage.
I just can't hold it in.

I know this song. I've heard it before and I know all the lyrics too. I can't help but notice how similar his voice is to the singers. The words seemed to tell a story and I think about what happened earlier. Is this his song? Is it about his 'inner monster?'. He looked over to me as I began singing the harmony. A smile spread across his gorgeous face as he kept singing.

It's scratching on the walls
In the closet, in the halls.
It comes awake
And I can't control it
Hiding under the bed
In my body, in my head.
Why won't somebody come and save me from this?
Make it end!

Phoenix rolled down the windows and cranked the music up. I did the dolphin wave with my hand out the window. Then the chorus started and we both burst out into loud unison.

I feel it deep within
It's just beneath the skin
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I hate what I've become
The nightmares just begun
I must confess that I feel like a monster
I, I feel like a monster

After the song stopped we both looked at each other for a moment. He spoke first in a quiet hushed tone.
"You know my song?"
I smile.
"I knew I'd heard your voice before! Of course I know your song. I love your song. But.. I guess it has a hidden meaning."

His eyes clouded in pain and he nods. I decide to change the subject.
"I like your car."

He chuckles.
"You don't even know it yet. It goes faster than that."
I raise an eyebrow.
"Prove it."

His head snapped to me and I continue.
"We are on a straight road you know."
A smirk lit up his face and he turns to the road.
"You got it."
The speed keeps climbing higher and higher. I feel like screaming in happiness. Adrenaline rushing through my body I forget about the danger. I trust Phoenix. Looking at the speedo we are on 175km ph. Suddenly the road ahead turns into a t-intersection.

"Damn!"
Phoenix stomped on the brakes. The car came to a slowing stop and I turn t him grinning widely but he looked annoyed.

"That was awesome!"
I whoop but he rubs his head.
"I thought the road was longer. We could have gone faster."
Smiling I lean across and kiss his jaw causing him to smile. I have no idea where we are going. But as long as he's there, nothing else matters.