Food With Dude

(PHOENIX)
As we walk down the corridor to go to McDonalds I wrap my arm around Kimberly at her rib height. She yelps out and runs a few steps away. Her eyes wild with horror and fright she looks over her shoulder. She sees me and her shoulders slacken and she looks at the ground. I'd forgotten that creep grabbed there. I walk up to her and sling my arm over her shoulder.
"I'm sorry."
I whisper in her ear as we start walking again.
"I forgot."
She smiles a fake smile at me. I'm not a fool enough to take it.

Johnny opens the door to the garage and he walks over to a big black ute. It's jacked up high and the spotties on the front are massive. I open the door for Kim, she sits in the car between Johnny and I. As soon as we're on the road she puts her head on my shoulder. My hand snakes up to her hair. Uh, how I loved the feeling when she did that to me. I decide to return the favour. My fingers scrape gently through her hair and by looking down I could tell she enjoyed it. Goosebumps raise on her skins and she stretches her back. I slide my hand from the back of her neck round the front to her throat. She shivers a little and goosebumps continue raising. I smile.

Eventually we get there and I look down at Kimberly. Her features were calm and she breathed calmly and evenly. It seems a waste to wake her.
"..Kimberly. Baby, wake up."
She stirs and opens her eyes. I bend down awkwardly to kiss her mouth. I know better than to kiss her forehead.

"You want to go in?"
Her head twists straight and she nods getting ready to get out of the car.
"Come on. We don't have all night!"
Johnny shouts from outside of the car. Which was quickly answered with the finger from Me. I help Kim out of the car and we all walk in.

"Want me to save a booth?"
Kim said and before waiting for an answer she walked off. Weird. She never does that. I look up walking over to the counter when I see the demon lady herself. Harriet and a group of five other girls all stood around her. Harriet saw me and trotted over happily. Great. Just great.
"Well, if it isn't the dog who abuses Kimberly."

Ignore her. Just ignore her. I try to walk past but she puts her hand on my chest and pushes me back in front of her. I roll my eyes impatiently.
"What? Don't have anything to say? That'd be a first."
I send her ice through my eyes and she smiles. Just ignore her man.
"Aren't you sick of having a cutter as a girlfriend."
Okay there's no way I'm ignoring that.

"You better get the hell out of my face woman."
I poke my index finger into her shoulder and loom over her. I am much taller, and I can look intimidating when I want to. She steps back.

"You wouldn't hit a girl would you? Oh that's right. You would."
As hard as I try not to growl I get a deep rumble in my throat. I turn to walk around her and she puts her hand on my chest again. This time when she pushes back I stay put. I'm stronger than her. She frowns.
"Don't. Touch me."
I snap through gritted teeth. She steps back laughing. Why is it so hard not to hurt her. The feeling comes in my stomach and I run my fingers loosely through my hair. The horrible girls all walk away giggling and gossiping.

Johnny walks up to me and looks me dead in the eyes.
"What the hell was that about?"
"She's just a bitch without a cause."
She turns to the girls then back to me.

"I'm not talking about her, I'm talking about you. You practically growled at her but didn't.. You know. I Thought you said you couldn't control wh-"
"Drop it Johnny."
I warn. He steps back and pivots to the desk.
"Two frozen cokes and a Oreo storm please."

Ignoring his remark to me before I went to find Kimberly. I find her, sitting in a booth, with the group of girls around her. My heart burns and I start striding toward the group. I begin to hear what they're saying.

"We're happy that you cut. It means you're one step closer to death."
"You're so ugly."
Kimberly stays looking at the ground.
"No wonder you have a dog for a boyfriend."
Kim's eyes snap up to the girl who said that and she launches over the table and tackles the girl to the ground. I run over and she is throwing punches at the girl who is screaming and attempting to block them.
"Don't talk about my boyfriend you bitch!"

She screamed in the girls face. I reach her and grab her hand. She yanks it back before realising it's me. She climbs off the girl and hugs me close. I wrap my arm around her and glare at the girls before walking off to the car. Johnny caught on and came with the food to the car. The car ride was close to silent and Kimberly sat dead straight in the middle of the car. Ignoring my hand on her leg and glances over to her.

We arrive back at the pub and Kimberly jumps, over me which is a first, to get out of the car. Her strides toward the door were wide but my legs are longer. I stretch my legs out and I'm quickly in front of her. I turn and stop. Her eyes look glazed in sad determination. She didn't want me to see her crying again. She breathed in and looked up to the, apparently fascinating, sky before opening her mouth.

"Uh, I didn't want too, er. You know. To hurt her. B-but um."
She stopped and bit her bottom lip between her teeth.

"When she.. S-said. You were a. Dog. I-I couldn't-"
I engulf her in a hug and her shoulders rise and fall rapidly. I stay silent. My hands draw patterns on her back.
"I'm starting to think I make you upset."
I mumble quietly immediately wishing I could un-say it. She pulls back.

"You're kidding right?"
I look over her head to see an uncomfortable Johnny side steeping past us. Kimberly wasn't having it. She tangled her hands in my hair and gently pulls my hair. I look back down into her wide circular eyes.
"You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. Why would I be upset about being happy?"
"well i always just cause trouble for everyone and-"
her lips silenced me and i calmed down. an awkward fake cough separated us. it was Johnny.

"so u-uuh.. inside?"