Chapter Twenty-eight

*Brice's POV*

We made it to the orchard and found Lisa's sent at the edge. I knew she was here, but where? I smelt something else, too. It smelt like... demon.

"Keep a look out," I said to my pack, well the ones that came with me.

"Well, hello, señor. May I ask, what brings you here?" a man dressed in all black with black hair asked, walking around a pair tree, it was the guy from my dream.

"Is there a woman named Mary here. She has long red hair and emerald green eyes," asked begging to see her, Jeremy was on edge as well.

The man seemed to think about the question before asking,"If I did see her why would you be looking for her?"

"She left me, I'm her mate," I stated.

"How do I know you aren't lying?"

"Ask any of these people here with me. They can vouch that she is my mate. Now I know she is here I want to see and talk to her," I demanded.

"No need to fill me in on what's happening," Mary said as she walked out from behind the tree look at her nails, like she was board.

How does she do that? I guess it doesn't matter now, I have my mate back. Everyone stiffened. I walked toward her. She came running at me I thought she was happy to see me. Then she did something I didn't expect. She jumped over me and landed in her feet. I turned around and she was walking over to the man.

She whispered some thing in his ear, too low for me or anyone else to hear. The man nodded and started walking away from us. Mary looked over at me. I was mad at what she did, how could she do this to me? Mary froze.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked, once the man was out of sight.

"You know why. My old pack have been on my tail. And right know isn't the time to talk," she said,"Everyone duck... Now!"

We ducked and the four people flew over our heads and onto the ground in front of us. Mary seemed to disappear then reappear with rope in her hands. She rounded up all of the people who had tried to jump us, and tied them together.

"I told you they were after me," she said, after she finished tying them together.

She walked over to me and stretched out a hand. I took it and pulled her closer to me. I hugged her. I moved the hair by her ear to get a message through to her.

"You don't know how much I've missed you," I whispered in her ear.

She looked at me like she understood. Now. When did she learn gymnastics? She smiled and I pulled her closer. I never want to let her go.

"Come home. We all need you," I said, the others nodded in agreement.

Mary hesitated, like she wasn't sure if she wanted to come home. Then she tensed and looked to our left. I did the same. She pushed me and the others down onto the ground. Three wild looking wolves came running out of the trees.

Why does this keep happening when I'm with her?