Chapter Eight

*Brice's POV*

Mary nodded and I lit her go behind the closest tree to us to take off her clothes, so went she changes her clothes don't rip, I do the same by a different tree, of course. Once I had all of my clothes off I let Jeremy out for a minute and, my bones start to brake, shifted into my white wolf.

As I walk out from behind the tree I hear Mary's bones start to brake as she shifts. Two minutes later she walked out as a red wolf with white stomach and legs walked out from behind the tree.

'Have you ever seen anything more beautiful?' Jeremy asked then said,'The answer's is no.'

'She is breathtaking, isn't she' I said.

I have never seen a werewolf's wolf that has two colors in it's fur. She's special, in more ways than one.

Mary laid down and looked away from me. She must think she looks crazy or is scared of what I might think. Jeremy took control of me.

Jeremy walked over to her and licked her muzzle. Then he mind linked her even thought the connection was weak,'You're beautiful, sweetheart. My name is Jeremy, Brice's wolf.'

She looked back at us shyly but said,'Thank you. Nice to meet you. I'm Windy, Mary's wolf.'

'Why don't we head off to the south of the pack house, so you don't feel like you're headed back toward your old pack?' Jeremy asked.

Windy nodded and took off toward the south, as agreed, then turns around facing us and she crouches like she is going to jump on us. Jeremy and I, both chuckled at her actions, and I take back over. I ran toward her and she jumped up quickly and ran farther ahead of us and laid down.

Oh, she wanted to play did she? Well, let's play. I walked, quietly, over to her, not making a sound, and then crouched down to get ready to jump on her. Right before I jumped Mary got up from where she was on the ground and side stepped just after I jumped. I missed her and landed flat on my stomach.

I got up and turned my head to stare shocked at my mate.

*Mary's POV*

I heard and smelled Brice when he snuck up behind me. I knew he was trying to be quiet so I asked like he wasn't there. Then I sensed that he was about to jump I stood up and side stepped to my right making him miss me and he landed flat on his stomach. Brice got up off the ground and turned his head to stare shocked at what I just did.

'How in the world did you do that?' he asked me still shocked.

'I heard your footsteps when you came up behind me. Then I just sensed that you where about to jump,' I said.

'How did you hear me come up behind you? I could have sworn that I made no sound.'

'How did you not hear the sounds you made? It sounded plain as day to me.'

'You must have really good hearing if you really did hear me come up behind you. Now, what do you mean that you just sensed when I was going to jump?'

'I don't know I could just tell you where about to jump, I don't know how, I just did.'

I ran off toward the south, the way we were headed before I decided to play a game of catch me. I didn't want to talk about my hearing or how I sensed Brice behind me. Brice soon caught up with me and we ran in a peaceful silence.

After we ran for about an hour we headed back to our clothes.

I went behind the tree that I went behind earlier and shifted back. I then quickly dressed and walked out from behind the tree to meet Brice.

"Sweetheart, you are beautiful and very special," he said walking up to me.

I stepped away from him. "I'm still not very comfortable around you."

Brice frowned at my comment, but still came up to me and took my hand. I felt safe when I was around him. No, you must not grow attached to him. If you have feelings for him then if 'they' find you 'they' will know and use him to hurt you. I lectured my self.