Chapter Ten

*Brice's POV*

I was woke up by my mate jerking up to a sitting position. I didn't open my eyes I knew it was still late at night.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I asked and waited for a reply.

All I got was a minute of silence and then, suddenly, my mate snuggled her face into my chest. I felt something wet against my skin right where Mary had put her face. She must be crying, but why would she be?

"Sweetheart, why are you crying?" I asked as I moved back, just enough, to look at her.

"It's nothing, just a bad dream. Something that could never happen," she said trying to reassure me.

She said it in a weak voice which made me think she was trying to convince herself. I pulled her closer to me to try and calm her down to sleep. Jeremy was wining about her not telling us what was wrong. I agreed, so I moved her hair away from her ear to talk to her.

"What ever it was, you're ok now. Now how about we get some sleep it's late," I said holding her to me.

I looked toward the clock I had, on my side table, it said it was midnight, on the dot.

Maybe three minutes after I told her it was ok, her breathing became calmer and soon she fell asleep. I chuckled quietly and pulled her impossible closer to me, and soon fell asleep myself.

*Early the next morning*

I woke up with Mary in my arm just the way I fell asleep. I yawn and look over at the clock, it is 6:30 in the morning.

' Alpha, you are needed at the prison,' Coby Blake, my third in command, said.

' Give me about ten to fifteen minutes then I will be over there,' I said.

' Yes sir.'

I cut off the connection and looked down at Mary. She was still asleep so I reluctantly and slowly unwrapped my arms from around her. Mary groned in her sleep not like it when I took her out of my arms. Jeremy was wining about me letting her go, but I had to grin knowing that I wasn't the only one that did like me moving my arms away from her.

After I quietly and quickly got out of bed I walked to my closet then to my dresser. I gathered my clothes and took a quick shower. I dressed quickly and once I was out of the bathroom i thought about my mate again. I took a piece of paper and wrote her a note for her, so she wouldn't be scared when she woke up and I was not there.

*the note*

Mary, I had to leave you to go take care of some business. I will be back soon so don't worry. If you do wake up and want to do something go to Kathryn's room and get some clothes before doing so, please. Her room is down the hall to the right and is four doors down. Put on something you like but after I get back we might, if you want to, go on a date.I love you.

Your mate,

Brice

*end of note*

I put it on my pillow and headed off toward the prison. Coby, Landon, and a few other pack members where there waiting on me.

"Now, what's going on?" I asked looking at Landon and Coby.

"We caught some more rogues on our territory. We killed most of them and we captured the leader of this group," Landon said.

"Ok, good job," I said.

What is going on with all the attacks going on, and other wolves coming into my territory? I sigh and shake my head. I walked into the prison thinking, I hope this is worth it I could be spending time with my mate still.