Chapter Twenty-four

*Mary's POV*

I followed Caleb to his other house outside of the orchard's boundaries. There we talked about how I noticed he look at my memories. Now we where going down to the seller of the house, or the basement, same thing. Caleb reached over to the wall to our right. A light came on momentarily blinding me.

Slowly the room came back clear. The room was huge and filled with tons of equipment. There were many types of fire arms, grenades and other similar things, plus many blades, like throwing knifes. There was also training equipment like punching bags and targets.

"Wow, this place is impressive. Where did you get all of this stuff?" I asked still standing on the stair case.

"I've accumulated it all over time. This is used for emergency purposes, mostly," Caleb said.

I walked into the huge space. This place had more equipment than I have ever seen, even in a store or gym.

"Do you think I can train here? And you know what I mean. I know you where watching me earlier," I said.

"I don't see why not," Caleb said, sounding like he wasn't really paying attention to my question.

I nodded and turned to look at him. He had a confused look on his face. He also looked like he was deep in thought. I have a feeling he is thinking about me.

"Wouldn't happen to be thinking about me would you?" I said, slightly, sarcastically.

"Si. Actually I am thinking about you, and the choices you made," he said still deep in thought from what it looked like.

"Yeah. I bet everybody might think I'm crazy for leaving what I had, but I have a good reason as to why I left," I said softly.

"Why did you leave your old pack?" Caleb asked motioning me to go back up the stairs.

I walked up the stairs and out of the house before I said," I was bullied at the school and got tried of it, so I left. It was a good idea then it started to go down hill."

I was getting extremely tired and lucky for me Caleb seemed to notice and didn't question me. We got to his house in about ten minutes. I laid down on the couch and looked up at Caleb.

"See you in the morning Caleb," I said.

"I hope you sleep well, señora, Mary," Caleb said softly, before I drifted off to sleep.

-beginning of dream-

I'm walking in a field with a stream passing through it, like it's cutting the field in half. This place is beautiful. Then every thing went black. I could see nothing in front of me.

"Hello!? Hello, is anybody there!?" I yelled.

No one answered. The only thing that happened was a small light that appeared some distance away from me. I ran trying to get closer to it the light just seemed to get farther and farther away. Then I heard a familiar voice come from the light.

'Why are you even trying? You know you will never be able to keep him safe,' the voice said.

'Cathy,' I said, 'Why have you always hurt me?'

'Why do you think little freak? It's because you don't deserve anything. Your parents didn't even want you,' she snarled.

'You don't even know my parents no one does. So what would you know about them,' I growled.

'You and everyone else think that. Your parents were rouges, and you we're just a three month old baby when you came to the pack. They got permission to stay and join the pack, but no body want you guys around. They were killed by the Beta and The. You were not with them at the time and was spared. That's how you ended up alone,' Cathy said there was a smile in her voice.

'I don't believe you.'

'Fine, don't believe me, but the next chance you get go look around the Rivers pack western border. There you will find two post driven into the ground. That is your parents graves.'

-end of dream-

I woke up with tears in my eyes. Could what Cathy said be true? I looked out the window the sun was just beginning to rise. I sighed and got up off the couch. Another beginning to another day.