Chapter 12: Why so Hard?

Third Person:

It was all too familiar... the pained high school drama that flooded the halls, they would creep up the walls and live in the minds of the students. They all knew... they knew everything.

Hanji quit attending school. It wasn't much of a surprise. It was bound to happen especially with the drama. But still it felt odd, like a weird vibe in the air. It wasn't normal.

Ymir and Christa were walking down the hall holding hands when Armin ran up to them both.

"Fellow gays! I got some news!" He said in between breaths.

"What is it?" Ymir asked rolling her eyes. Christa nudged her in the shoulder playfully.

"Hanji has been cheating on Levi with Erwin! It might not even be his baby!" He said slightly quiet.

"Everyone knows that!" Connie interrupted while walking behind Armin to the group. "It's all talk.. probably not true..."

"Hanji knew better than to do that. I'm surprised they weren't married by now!" Ymir sighed. "Well considering Levi it could be a possibility."

"Levi's an ass. That poor girl..." Armin shook his head. "She didn't deserve this..."

Eren and Mikasa were walking down the hallway to meet up with Armin before hearing her name pop up in the conversation.

"Oh... did you hear? She quit school." Eren said with Mikasa looking upset.

"We all know that." Christa sighed. "Mikasa? You knew her sister?"

"Not really." She replied. "I know similar things happened with her though."

"Yeesh..." Armin sighed.

-------------

Sasha walked home from school when Connie had tennis practice (he was too short for basketball). She opened the door to find Hanji sitting down in the living room.

"Hanj...? What are you doing here?!" She said clearly shocked.

"... Your mom said I could stay here... Dad's still mad with me." She spoke quietly.

"God... this situation sucks..." Sasha mumbled sitting beside her. "At least you have me...?" She brought up a bright but clearly fake smile.

"Thank you..." She curled up next to her. "I feel so alone though..."

"I know... I know..." Sasha hugged Hanji carefully. "I'll help you no matter what... so will Penny?"

"Yeah.." Hanji gave a soft smile.

----------

Outside of the school there was a courtyard with bleachers. Levi was sitting down and lit a cigarette to smoke quietly. It wasn't until Mike and Nanaba looked around before walking up to him.

"What do y'all want? No I don't have extras..." He looked up glaring at them.

"Small fry..." Mike uttered. "You most certainly didn't hear this from us."

He arched a brow and puffed out smoke. "Fine... what dirty little secret do you have?"

Nanaba spoke up. "Erwin is a coverup... he agreed to Hanji's plan to convince you that you're not father."

Levi rolled his eyes. "I'll believe that when we all go on Maury..."

Mike looked down at him pissed. "If it wasn't you and your dirty ass maybe she wouldn't have to lie..."

Nanaba glared too. "Ever thought of why she would lie? Because you're an idiot, a deadbeat, regretful, dirty lung idiot!" She yelled before turning around to find Petra standing in front of her.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything..." She mumbled.

"It's find we're leaving..." Mike groaned and started walking.

"Just the messengers..." Nanaba mumbled under her breath before whisking away with Mike.

Petra looked at him with confusion. "What are they on about?"

"They're trying to cover Hanji's pregnant whore ass." Levi said with boredom.

Petra looked down. "Listen... I thought it would be cool and shit to date the school's infamous "bad boy" but looking back at it I was so wrong. You are literally a waste of life and you made me feel and look bitchy!" She wasn't crying like he thought she would.

"Petra... I stopped caring. I don't care about you in the slightest. I'm sorry?" He rolled his eyes and left her.

Petra sighed and pulled out her phone. "Guess saving her number had good use?" She started typing.

"Dear Hanji, I'm sorry... I want to apologize for letting this go on for so long. I should've stayed out of this and not divide the group up. I want you to know that I'm really sorry... this was a mistake. But I'm owning up to it. I wish the best for you and the baby. -Petra"

She took a deep breath and pressed send. Sitting down on the bleachers and looking at the field calmly. Before her phone lit up.

"Come to my place." It read as a reply.

Petra was confused but she slowly started walking. She had no idea what was coming, or if she was prepared.