Chapter 4: There's a Fine, Fine Line

Chapter 4: There's a Fine Fine Line

(Hanji's P.O.V)

God! I can already feel a headache coming! But I can feel the tears falling out like rain coming in through an open window. I felt betrayed when I heard about his so called "plan". More like sneaky trick to get out of my life. It's not like I wanted to be in his life, absolutely not! I would leave in an instant giving the choice. But I couldn't... I can't. Not like this. God why me?!

But maybe... Possibly... This could be some sort of sign. A sign signalling me that we will always be connected. Maybe this all happened for a reason! But what reason? To bring us back together? To give me my last dying wish? Well... Not exactly in order. I wanted to marry him when I was older, even though my dad said he would leave me out of his will if I came back with a ring. But it's really not in my proper order. But I know something have had to happen for a reason. So what could the reason be? Ugh! I hate life sometimes!

But out of all the girls in this stupid school he had to fall for dick licking Petra freaking Ral? I.E the school's biggest slut. Not even a slut, at least sluts have something to show off. Maybe she could show off her tiny body, but that's about it. I had to compete with a girl like her to win my true love's heart back. It wouldn't be easy, but it had to be done for the baby's sake. Guh! I needed to leave! I haven't even visited the doctor in like 3 freaking months. I can't believe I had been able to hide it from Levi for the past four months. Boy was he naive! But I liked him for that...

Darn! I was doing it again! I just couldn't stop thinking of him, it was like he was stapled to my mind. I stared at him in front of my eyes, hot tears of anger & frustration began to pour down my cheeks. I sighed & turned around to walk away with a march almost. I felt a hand trying to touch my back, but I sped up completely ignoring him.

"Hanj! I can explain!" Levi yelled. I didn't stop & ended up going even faster.

"Hanji... Just hear me out." He tried again, which only got me more pissed off at his stupid little secret.

"Zoe..." He tried again, his voice was cracked. That was when I turned around to face him. His eyes were a steel grey color that was a bit widened from my sudden glance at the call of my first name. I sighed & looked down coldly.

"I think it's best if I should just leave...  I'll be at my house." I whispered, but felt something grab hold of my wrist.

"No! I won't let you do that... You'll get killed." He muttered bluntly. I sighed & shook my head.

"I'll be careful. I can't guarantee that I'll be perfectly safe... But I'll try! Just as long as Phil Isn't lurking around..." I said with a fake smile.

"I won't let you!" Levi yelled with his eyes avoiding to tear up. J-Just... " He pulled out a keychain with 2 keys dangling off of it. "Take these & stay at my house. My uncle Kenny should be there, but I've talked about you some... Just tell him your name & he'll understand. But try to keep... the other news hidden. I'll talk to him about that privately."

I nodded, I wanted to stay at his house. Though a bit rundown & the smell of rubber wrappers in the bedrooms, it was far better than my house.

I didn't have much there, just my room & my computer. I love playing my my niece & nephew, the poor little things were so scared of their dad, & who could blame them? He was a terrifying man & I don't know how Penny could fall for him. She claimed that he was a sweetheart before he started drinking & doing business with drugs. Part of me needed to go back to say goodbye, or simply get my stuff.

So before I went to Levi's I walked to my house. It was blue & had 3 stories with pink roses decorating the front yard. Ever since mom died Penny took pride to maintain mother's garden. I remember when we were little mom would always grow beautiful flowers & even fruit. I loved picking the ripe strawberries & helping my mom make strawberry shortcake. My dad loved it because he saw the hard work I put into making him happy with treats. Those were the happy days...