Chapter 9: Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

It was all my fault... I lived in deep misery. He never saw me the same... My father.

He took care of Penny & I, honestly he was a great loving man. I'm a real disappointment. He was very gentleman acting & caring, but he got angered easily, to which I got my own anger from him.

I sighed and sat on the hospital cot, the beige leather felt cold against my burning leg. They said pregnancy makes you "glow" bullshit, I'm sweating like a pig. I crossed my legs & looked around the room. It was freezing but weirdly humid at the same time. Very uncomfortable feeling, I didn't like it.

I waited for the results, leaning back. I thought I had my whole life figured out. I would grow up & achieve my dreams in working in the science field. But no...

I was fool & he was a fool. Two fools creating an innocent one. Something that doesn't even deserve to even know our first names.

I but my lip, starting to tear up from the rushing thoughts of loosing everything I have...

The door came open, there was a doctor that came in. He wore a wide grin.

"Don't worry Miss Hanji, everything is safe." He said calmly.

A dash of relief hit me as I breathed of happiness. 'You're fine little one...'

"Would you like an ultrasound? To know the gender?" He asked politely.

I nodded.

"Alrighty then, let's get you set up." He smiled.

Everything started to fade away into my thoughts. I blinked fast & harvested my emotional guilt. Before looking up to see that time had indeed past. A miracle was looking back at me.

"Congratulations it's a girl Ma'am." He pointed at the screen.

I smiled and looked up at the screen. There she was... I wanted to move back to my house when I could hold her. Master my fast her could have sympathy for me once more... The doctor printed it off and handed it to me. I nearly cried at the sight of my first picture of her.

I knew Penny was having issues with that dick she calls a once husband. I just wanted everything to go back to the way it used to be... But I knew life changed & I didn't regret a thing.

I just regretted ever loving him.

I sighed and bit my lip, attempting to stop the tears before they came. But a knock at the door caused me to turn my head quickly.

"Come in." I said looking as the door opened.

Sasha walked inside and nearly cried when she saw a small forced smile.

"You're ok!" She beamed. "The doctor told us!"

"Yeah I'm fine!" I said back. "It's a girl...."

Sasha's face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Oh my god! I'm so happy for you!" She hugged me softly.

I hugged her back tightly. "I literally have no idea about girls names.... Suggestions...?" I smiled nervously.

She was lost in thought for a moment. Then she smiled.

"I've got three.... Hope, Serena, and  Becca... Pick whatever" Sasha said as she looked down, a small smile formed on her face.

"Hm...." I thought. "I um.... I can't choose... Haha!" I laughed.

"Well maybe Levi could help you, he's waiting outside." She said. "He wants to speak with you. Real worried..."

I pursed my lips while batting my eyes up. This little man needs to get his priorities straight... I needed to tell him. "Send him in."