Chapter 3: The Secret

((Levi's P.O.V))

I helped Hanji walk due to the condition of her legs, she winced every once in awhile. It really hurt me for some reason. I sighed & laid her down on the couch gently, walking to the kitchen to get the first aid kit. I grabbed the bandage wraps & a glass of water for her. I went back in & sat by her side, stroking her hair to soothe her.

"Thank you..." She mumbled quietly.

I nodded & took out the wraps, & started to wrap her legs gently. I looked up at her & noticed that her glasses were cracked. I sighed & took them off for her, she looked up at me with a weak smile. I felt so guilty, for everything.

I put small bandaids on the little cuts on her cheeks & shoulders. I sighed & sniffed her, she reeked of whiskey.

"Hanji... Have you been drinking? Number 1, you're underage. Number 2, you're pregnant!" I yelled at her.

"N-No... I punched Phil & he dropped his whiskey bottle. He picked me up & beat me, he dropped me in the glass & stuff. I guess it's on my skirt." She said.

I couldn't believe it! What an asshole! Nobody should have to live through that. I was so pissed I could just drive over there & beat the living shit out of him. But I needed to take care of her. As much as I didn't really want to, I had to. I sighed & started to play with her hair, it was dry & puffy. Hanji was so delicate & soft, most people thought she was insane. But I know the truth, that she was actually very easy to break. Sure she could rip you into various pieces & bury them in different locations, but she would only do that if you woke up the fire in her eyes. I couldn't believe how badly she was wounded, even though I knew about Phil & Penny, I still had the suspicious feeling that it was her father. But what kind of father would abandon his teenage daughter who was literally just beaten, & she was pregnant for fucks sakes.

I went into the old closet, when I was little & my mom passed away I took all of her old clothes & put them in there. Mainly because they smelled like her & I went in there to pray sometimes. I took out an old lacey white dress that she wore a lot. It was flowy & it came to her knees, she looked so pretty in it. I took it by the hanger & walked back to her, she opened her eyes & smiled at me.

"I brought this for you since your skirt is covered in blood & whiskey."

"Thank you"

She walked up slowly due to the condition of her legs, she took the dress with a steady hand & smiled brightly.

"It's beautiful."

"Was my mothers."

"She had good taste."

"I know."

Hanji started walking to the bathroom & closed the door behind me. After a minute or two she came out in the dress. It looked beautiful on her, she smiled & twirled around & laughed like a child. She gave me a curtsy & I couldn't help but give a small smirk. Hanji walked over to me & grabbed my shoulders to pull me into a tight hug. I loved the aroma of scent, she smelled just like my mother.

I pulled back & looked at it closely, my mother liked low cut stuff so a bit of her cleavage was exposed. Well it also couldn't help that she was technically a prostitute. I saw she was showing a bit, I sighed & held her again closely.

"You're starting to show." I murmured.

"What's that supposed to mean?!" She asked with a smirk & a glare, crossing her arms.