xxxv || house of advancing

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, Jasper," Fabian mumbled, before showing him the way out. Joy, Eddie and Patricia stayed in the room.

"Discretion, Joy!" Fabian stated in an annoyed tone, after walking back into his room.

"He's your godfather, Fabian, don't you trust him?" Joy asked.

"I do trust him," Fabian nodded, "But I don't want to pull him into this again."

"He said that he was going to work alone, there's no hope of anything bad happening to him," Joy stated.

"I think you know full well that anything could happen to anyone here, whether they're working alone, or not."

"Guys!" Eddie interrupted, "Can't we just focus on what he said, please?"

Fabian and Joy nodded, before turning their attention to Eddie.

"Jasper said that it was referred to as 'the key to life'. It makes sense why Victor would use it because that's the key to us getting to the ring, and the ring provides us with tears of gold... an ingredient to life," Eddie spoke.

"That may well be the case," Fabian nodded, "But where do we find the Cross? There are no clues, or hints anywhere."

"Maybe we should pay another visit to the chasm?" Patricia suggested.

"Tonight?" Fabian added on. All of them nodded in agreement.

****

Carefully, Vincent climbed down the rope. Since he couldn't see what was down the bottom from the top, he decided to climb down; trusting the rope that was laid out there.

He slowly descended, spending a while, he didn't want to fall. Eventually, after a while of climbing, he reached the bottom. Greeting him was a room with a lock at the back of it, there was also a crushed soda can and a random carrot stick lying on the floor.

Before Vincent examined the lock, he bent down and looked the can and carrot stick, "Someone's been down here recently," he mumbled to himself, noticing that the carrot wasn't even rotting yet, and there was still some soda within the can.

He then stood up and walked over to the lock, "Hm, 4-digits..."

He started off with inputting a few dates, but no luck in that field. After that, he began to input what appears to be random numbers. On his fifth attempt he put in the digits '5772', he then pulled the lock and it opened, "Always been helpful, kind brother."

****

Sibuna sat in the Frobisher Library, they decided that they could find some answers there, or just any information the Ankh Cross.

Patricia sat at the top of the library, away from the others, it was obvious that she was being ignored by them; maybe for snapping earlier, may for the Jerome incident, or just another reason. Flimsily, she flicked through pages of a random book she pulled off the shelf, she wasn't even sure that it was related to the Ankh Cross.

"'Immortality Through Gods'," Eddie read out a book title, "Found one that may be useful."

Joy looked behind her and towards Eddie, "That is enormous!"

"We don't need to read it all," Eddie lightly chuckled, "Just skim through it."

"Yeah, that's if you can get it off the shelf, Eddie," Fabian laughed, as he watched Eddie struggling to pick up the book.

"Just slide it," Joy told him.

"And have it land on my feet? No, thank you." 

Joy rolled her eyes, before standing up and helping Eddie out, "Okay, wow, this really is heavy."

Although they both struggled, eventually, they got it over to the table with a loud thump from it landing.

Fabian open up the first page, "No contents, great, we'll have to get to the index."

"Don't break your arm trying to get there," Eddie laughed

"Funny," Fabian stated, with a stern expression on his face. He then, in 3 sections, turned to the index page.

"Weak," Joy laughed.

Patricia watch the 3 of them laughing downstairs, she couldn't identify what emotion she was feeling, but it wasn't a positive one.

****

Jerome looked around Eddie and Fabian's room, he was searching for history notes, he understood very little in the exam they just took, so wanted to borrow Fabian's notes, as he was bright.

He looked through papers until he came across a slightly crumpled up A5 piece. He pulled it out from under the folders and book it was under. He recognised it as a note, so read through it.

"Vincent dragged me into the forest, leaving tree traps surrounding me, so I couldn't escape. I got caught in one once, so that's when Vincent took me away from the forest and up to the attic. He told me that I was being expelled and that he called my parents to pick me up. I still don't know why. Sorry. Good luck with everything. C.' he read out, "What in the world...?" he then mumbled to himself in confusion.

[Heyyyy. I'm so sorry, my last update was 6th February, it's been too long. But I got it up on Monday (just) like I promised. Anyway...

Will Jasper find anything about the Ankh Cross?

Will Sibuna find anything about the Ankh Cross?

Will Vincent know anything that's behind the door?

Will Jerome discover anything from the note from Charlie?

Lot of 'Will's'... Anyway, sorry if this chapter isn't perfectly edited, I was in a rush to publish and I'm pretty tired, blah, blah, blah. See you in the next one, which will hopefully not be so long a wait. Byeee ^_^]