Letters/ Finale Part Two

Dedicated to sociaIcxsuaIty

I woke up on top of Ryder's chest, our bodies skin to skin, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Tomorrow is the day I'm supposed to leave with Andrew.

I think we'll leave today.

Sam, Dad, Charlotte, and Karen are to be home at around 7:00, and it's 5:48. They texted right before I fell asleep. I sit up, the blanket moving with me, and he stirs. He reaches up and rubs his face adorably before opening his eyes and meeting mine. I swiftly lean down and kiss him, a long, lingering, beautiful kiss. It isn't hungry, or quick, it's just... Warm, soft, calm.

"I could wake up like that everyday." He says, smiling against my lips. I pull back, humming in response and snuggling into his chest.

"We gotta pack. I think we should leave today, right after school. Come up with a lie to tell Sam... I hate that I have to do that." I whisper, tracing his abs, earning a shiver. I love that shiver. "Andrew said a month and a half and he'd be getting me on the day that is tomorrow." I tell him, lifting my head up and looking him in the eye. He traces a hand over the curve of my waist. I shiver, and a small smile appears. He leans in and kisses me swiftly, sending fireworks through me. I push myself closer automatically.

"Yeah. Man, it kinda sucks. Lying to him." He says, looking up at the ceiling.

"I know, but if we tell him, he's just going to try getting involved, and solving it, and just get himself hurt in the long run." I say. He nods. "I'm gonna go get some bags and put them in... Which car do you want to bring? Mine, or yours?" I ask.

"Yours is the fastest, it will get us out quicker." He says. I nod, and sit up. His eyes roam my body. I grab his t-shirt that lays beside the bed and pull it over my head. I stand, and it comes mid-thigh. "I like you better in my clothes than I do myself." He bluntly states. I smile and my cheeks blush.

"I'm gonna go now." I say, laughing. He smiles at me and sits up, and I walk out. Halfway down the hall, towards my room, at the other end, suddenly Karen walks into the hall. She stops when she sees me and so do I. "Its not what it looks like?" I try, but it comes out as a question. She raises an eyebrow.

"Sure. Your dad is going to love this. Can't wait to tell Sam." She says. What. A. Little. Hoe. She's legit the adult version of Nora!

"Wait, is everyone home?" I ask, slightly panicking. She shakes her head.

"No. Me and Char took a separate car. Not that it concerns you." She says. I nod, and walk in my room, putting the chair up. I can't leave them without some form of goodbye.

I walk to my dresser and start taking out jeans, some sneakers, a couple pairs of heels, but not many. I take a duffel bag and start filling it, grabbing random things. Clothes, shoes, makeup, toothbrush and brush, toiletries, pictures, fake IDs, my stash of money. I take a large decorative dish that my grandfather had, and take Andrew's credit cards, taking out a lighter and burning them inside of the bowl. I continue packing. I have two large duffel bags, then set everything to make it look like nothing really happened. Half an hour left. After sneaking the bags out and throwing them in my car, I get back in my room and sit at the desk.

I take a notebook and a pen, and start writing.

Sam,

You won't be able to understand how sorry I am. I didn't want to leave. I didn't plan on it being like this. I was supposed to be here for a month and a half, then get taken back away, back to my normal life.

Until I completely fell for your best friend.

Andrew was going to take me back, one way or another, and I'm going to have to spare you the key details about him. Don't look for us, it can cause me and him both so much danger, even leading to our deaths if he catches on.