Five

(BEAUTIFUL COVER MADE BY Duchaas thank you, I love it so much!)

NOTE:

INSTEAD OF REWRITING THIS BOOK HERE, I'LL BE MAKING A SEPARATE REWRITTEN BOOK.

Dedicated to sociaIcxsuaIty

They all just stared at me as I sat on my bed, swaying to the song 'Comfortably Numb'.

I tried getting them to go away, but since all of them found out I suffer from depression, it's as if they're trying to keep their tabs on me. I didn't see a point. I'm depressed, not suicidal.

Okay, maybe a tiny bit.

But it's only a couple of thoughts here and there. When the song ends, I take the ear buds out. "Guys, I'm not about to kill myself, I promise." I tell them. Dad, Sam, and Ryder all look up at me.

"I kind of just want to find out the other half to this story. You have us Mom's part in it, but you said it was half an answer, not the full one, am I right?" Ryder asks me, staring into my eyes. I have no doubt he can see through my lies. He's always been able to, so I don't have it in me to test him.

"Your absolutely right." I say, nodding.

"So what's the other reason as to why your like this? Do you want to be like this?" He asks. I snap my head up at him and glare.

"You heard me well enough when I said this is by force." I say in a dark, low voice. He swallows. Good.

Not wanting to talk anymore, I put the ear buds back in, and listen to another song. They can't know. They can't. Not only would it be too painful for them to hear, but they would try to fix it, and you can't exactly fix my issue.

I get it, I owe a life-long debt to a gang leader who I shouldn't have gotten myself mixed with, but it's not exactly my fault I kept bumping into him, over and over on the streets, and I caught his eyes. I think by the first time he saw me, he felt attraction, so I think he started following me. Then that fateful night in the alley, he got what he wanted. He had to have been following me to have been there the way he was.

The ear buds were suddenly ripped from my ears. I glare up at Ryder who was smiling at me.

His smile takes my breath away as per usual.

A memory floats across my mind.

You dare look at another man that way?

I break eye contact and look away from him. Don't, Kehlani, don't.

"Let's go somewhere." He says, the smile never leaving his lips. I see Sam raise his eyebrows, and I roll my eyes.

"Where?"

"Somewhere."

"Where is this somewhere?"

"It's a secret." He replies.

"Tell me." I say.

"Be agreeable, please."

"Not without knowing what I'm agreeing to." I reply. He doesn't have a reply, clearly. In all honesty, I stole that line off of a book I read in class back in eighth grade. Some book about a nine year old girl escaping Vietnam, escaping her homeland Saigon. Anywho..

"Please?" He asked, jutting out his bottom lip. I just want to lean over and bite that pout away- What the hell are you thinking Kehlani? I give my lip a bite, and try to avert my eyes from his, but they keep floating back. Sam looks back and forth between us. Dad has this strange satisfied look.