"Mama?" Janae asked shocked. 

"Yeah"

"Why is Mama making this fool stuff?"

"Hey! I'm right here" Dave spoke up.

"She make the best chicken soup" He playfully rolled his eyes, causing Lisa to laugh. 

"You ain't sick" Janae looked over to Dave.

"You don't know that" He grinned.

"Does she know I'm here ... with him ?" Janae tried to ask Lisa on the low.

"No Jay, I just promised this fool some of her food" 

"Why?" Janae asked puzzled. 

"I'll let Dave explain that" 

"You need a ride home?" Dave asked. 

"No, I'm going to walk it. Jay call later okay" She smiled. 

They both watched as Lisa walked down the block and before Dave could pull off Janae asked him.

"Why Lisa promising you food my grandmother made?" 

"Lisa pretty much told me that if I could keep you interested, she'd let me have some of Mama Gee's cooking" 

"Keep me interested ? What the hell does that even mean?" Janae asked with an attitude. 

"Pretty much she said if I showed up with you tonight meant that you was probably entertaining the idea of me ... Since you're curve master flex." 

"Wooooow" 

"What?" 

"Nothing, clearly my life is a joke to ya" Janae uffed.

"How?" Dave rose a brow.

"She the one telling you where I work, when I work and when I get off . Now, you two plotting on me?" 

"Not even like, she just knows you would curve me .. which you have been. But I thought we had a good time, last time we hung out" Dave looked over to Janae. 

"It was ..." 

"So then why you got a stick up your ass today?" 

"I don't"

"But you do, I bought you this gift because I ruined your birthday and I wanted you to have something to remind me of you" he sort of chuckled. 

"I don't need diamonds for you to prove anything to me. I'm not that kind of girl" 

"I get that, and I heard ju" 

"But this i just how I get down and when I wanna see my shorty laced, I go all out" Dave continued. 

"I am not your shorty" Janae rolled her eyes. 

"If you cut the attitude you could be" 

"Never" Janae rolled her eyes.

"Okay, we shall see. But remember never say never." 

"You curved me" Janae said in a matter fact-ly tone. 

"No I didn't ... I work and have a daughter remember. Shit happens. That's why I got you the gift. I wanted you to know I didn't forget about you" 

"I'm sure ..." 

"Aiight bet. This Saturday night be ready by 8, it's a date" 

"Oh don't do me no favors David" 

"I ain't doin' nobody a damn ting! I was coming here to ask you to a date in person but you wanna be a sour patch kid" 

"No I do not"