Arrogant Apologies

Start from the beginning

"I didn't mean to-" I start off breathlessly while intensively glaring at my fist that has struck her form.

I don't finish because sharp nails tackle me to the ground. Her hand grips my hair and I feel like a rag doll, she dangles me from one place to another and I pull out a scream which she muffles with a pillow.

She drops me to the empty floor while I struggle to get up. My whole head races with impulsive spasms, at some point I think my brain is going to explode. The pillow is back covering my airways and I try kicking her but for some reason she is incredibly strong.

Gabriella leans into my ear, "Stay away from Alec. He is mine." Her voice is devilish before delivering a kick into my face.

Letting me to live Gabriella stands with a smirk on her face. I can taste the blood in my mouth.

I stay limp on the floor when she disappears from the room.
"Bitch." I say under my breath and swallow saliva dripping blood.
I didn't understand where I was bleeding from either. My whole face was acting up.

Pushing myself from the floor I meet my reflection in the mirror.
Examining my teeth I notice they are covered in blood. Yet no tooth was missing, I must have bit my tongue or something.

I flick the lock on the door for the first time of me being in this house. Just in case Gabriella wants to actually end me.

Washing my face I wince at how painful the procedure is. The black smartphone on my charger rings and I answer the phone.

"Whhellow?" I mumble out with cotton balls in my mouth.
I spit everything out when I heed my father's voice.

"Alexia?" He doesn't seem to recognize me and causing me to frown. My heart accelerates and rasp out, "it's me." I say not knowing what else to do.

"I was just calling to-" His voice breaks down as he coughs loudly. My brows furrow as worry creeps at the pit of my stomach.

"Are you sick?" I blur out with concern. Off course after what he did I couldn't forgive him but it didn't not mean I didn't love him. He was my dad after all.

"I'm well. I was calling to let you know that if you have a second sometimes this week, you can pick up your mother's stuff from our house." His voice is emotionless and I don't know if he is trying to make it up to me or just wants to vanish every memory of her.

"What do you mean?" I question, I had a house of my own. He wanted to erase everything of mum?

"I'm selling the house so I'm asking you whether you want to keep Rachel's things." So now she was 'Rachel'. My fist clenches together in anger.

"Why are you selling the house?" I try to match my tone of voice. Walking over to the window I spot Gabriella and Alec talking about something. Gabriella is leaning over the red Ferrari which must be either hers or another belonging of Alec's.

"I figured out I don't need the house since...I just want my mind at peace. So do you want to keep her stuff or I'm throwing it away?" Tears pool up in my eyes.
Leaning against the cold window glass my breath comes out coerced.

"Please don't sell it. Where are you going to live?" I creepily watch the Gabriella and Alec smile at each other. Grasping the window sill I tighter the hold on it.

"I've got it covered." So he wasn't going to tell me anything. Nice one father. Nice one.

"I will pick her things this Friday, okay?" I ask through closed eyelids. My father releases a frustrated breath as if he couldn't wait to get rid of my mum's belongings.