43

Hey all.
Thanks for the 3,000+ reads and the 200+ votes.
You are all amazing and you make my day, so here's another chapter for you. Also the next couple of chapters are all in Anthony's POV, as I thought it would be too sad to write it in Amy's POV... enjoy :)

~*~

Anthony's POV
I barely got any sleep. From the consent noises around me, from worrying about Amy kept me up all night. Oh and the chair I sat on was uncomfortable. I sighed and noticed Amy was awake. She was looking down at her phone.
"How are you feeling?" I asked and got up to sit next to her and placed my around her shoulders.
"I don't know how I'm supposed to feel." She muttered. "I just want to know that his alright." She weakly smiled and I used my thumb to wipe away her tears. They had stained her face. I tucked her head under my chin, and rubbed her arm.
"Miss Smith. You father just woke up. Would you like to see him?" A nurse asks. Her name tag read 'Jackie'.
"Y-yes please." She said hesitantly.
"Now dear. I must let you know that he does have some damage." The nurse said again.
"Wh-what damage?" Amy asked worried biting down on her hand to prevent herself from crying again.
"His memory seems to be fine from the questions we asked me. But he is very limp. He has gained numerous side effects." I looked down at Amy. She nodded and the nurse opened the door.
"Oh Dad." She cried as she put her hand over her mouth. She was utterly shocked. I looked at the man in front of me. He looked lifeless. His left side of his face had fallen. None of his body was moving. Only his mouth.
"Come here sweetheart." Ross said wanting to move his arms to reach his daughter.
"It's okay babe." I whispered and she let go of my hand and went over to hug her father.
"I thought I had lost you." She mumbled.
"I know. For a second there I thought I wouldn't ever see you again." He said and Amy pulled away.
"C-can you move at all?" Amy asked pouring him a glass of water and placing a straw in the glass. He tilted his head a little.
"Not much." He tried to lift up his arm.
"Dad. Save your energy." Amy said and moved the straw closer to his mouth. In the instant I knew. I knew he wasn't going to get any better.
"Wh-who are you?" He said looking at me. I thought they said his memory was fine.
"I-I'm Anthony. I'm your daughters boyfriend."
"Ha! I'm just kidding. I remember you son." He laughed. He hasn't lost his humour, that's for sure.
"Dad. Don't do that. You're scaring me." Amy said and sat down on a chair. A nurse walked back in with a clipboard.
"You're going to be move to the heart and rehabilitation ward this afternoon." She said and came over.
"Do you know how long he will be staying here for?" Amy asked, clearly still worried for her father.
"Probably two or three weeks. Depending on how well his rehabilitation goes." She smiled at Amy. I couldn't focus on the nurse when the tubes were a whole distraction.
"O-oh." She paused. "D-do you kn-know what caused it?" The nurse shook her head.
"It could be anything. Poor diet, stress at work, stress at home." I looked at her confused. He eats healthy, nothing at home is stressful.
"Th-thank you." Amy smiled and I carefully moved my hand over hers.
"I'll be back in 25 minutes for breakfast." The nurse said. "Will you be staying?" The nurse asked Amy and she nodded. The nurse left the three of us in the room together.
"Does Charlie know what happened?" He asked and I looked over his shoulder to watch his heart rate rise and drop on the screen.
"She knows your here. She was here last night. She just thinks your injured." Amy smiled and tighten her grip on my hand.

~*~

I walked outside the room to give Amy and her father some privacy during breakfast. I decided to call Lin.
"Anthony. How is everything?" Lin asked.
"Yeah. Ross is awake. He should be alright. Speech and memory wise his pretty good. I was only with him for ten minutes."
"What about physically?" Lin asked nervous.
"U-uhh. Not so great." I told him.
"Oh shit." Lin said and mumbled something to his wife who was over hearing this whole conversation. I could here more crying from the hospital room.
"Look. I should go. I've gotta check to see if Amy's alright."
"Yeah. She looked pretty distressed when we saw her." Lin said
"Tell her that we send our love." Vanessa said calmly. "Also, tell her that I've made her lunch and dinner."
"Thanks. I will" I smiled and hung up. I went back into the room. Amy was helping her dad being fed.
"Dad please. Just swallow one more mouthful." Amy pleaded scooping up the yoghurt. He could barely chew. She moved the spoon closure to her dads mouth and tilted his head just enough for the yoghurt to drain down his throat. I sat back down in the corner.
"Anthony." Amy said and cleaned up the mess her father had made. "You're back." It was like the light in her face had lit up. I flashed and smile and she blushed. "Thank you." She mouthed.
"I was on the phone to Lin and Vanessa. She's made lunch and dinner for you." I smiled at her. She needed some happiness in her life right now.
"Oh that's so thoughtful of them. I revived a text from Pip saying she was going to come bring Charlie. I don't want to leave Dads side so I might ask Vanessa and Lin if they can take her home." Amy said wiping her eyes with the back of her hand and wheeled the tray of food away from her father. I lighted tapped my thigh and gestured for Amy to come over. She sat down on my lap and cuddled into my chest, not letting her eyes leave her dads. A nurse came in shortly after.
"We're going to move you a bit earlier. Are you ready to go?" The nurse Jackie said to Ross. He tired to show emotion, he just couldn't. Amy got off my lap and held my hand tightly. They moved Ross into another ward. Amy and I stayed outside whilst they played around with his equipment.
"Thank you." Amy smiled at me, her eyes watering once more.
"What for?" I asked her kissed her head and I wrapped my arms around her pushing her close to me.
"For being here." She said and used my shirt to wipe her tears away.
"Hey, its okay." I said and rubbed her back. "I'll always be here for you." I smiled and kissed her head once more.

~*~

I walked out of the room once more when I received a text from Phillipa. I sent her a text back about the change of rooms. He was now in 1776.
"Anthony!" Charlie squaldd as she ran down the hall. I bent down on one knee and opened my arms up wide for her to hug me. She ran as fast as she could, Phillipa trailing behind her.
"Look. I brought Daddy flowers." She said showing me the bouquet of flowers after our hug. I lifted her up and held her on my hip.
"How is he?" Phillipa asked.
"Not bad." I told her and she nodded.
"If you want, you can go home and shower and eat something and I can stay here." Phillipa politely offered.
"No no. I think I should stay here. For Amy's sake." I smiled and she pinched my cheek.
"I told you so. You're totally whipped."
"Pip! Her father's in hospital for goodness sake. I'm not going to leave her alone here" I told her.
"Can we go see daddy?" Charlie asked me.
"Of course. You got those flowers to show him?" I asked her and she nodded excitedly.
"Now honey. Because your daddy is injured, he might not be able to move a lot." Phillipa told Charlie.
"Is that true?" Charlie asked looking at me. I nodded.
"He looks a little bit different. But he will defiantly get better. It might take him a while." I told her and she looked at me with a sad frown.
"D-do you think Daddy will be out of here for my birthday and Christmas?" She asked. Her birthday was still a month away. So is Christmas.
"I hope so." I told her and opened the door to the room. Amy was holding her fathers hand smiling,
"Hey Charlie." Ross smiled trying to reach for his younger daughter.
"Daddy!" She squealed. "Are you okay?" She asked her father jumping up onto the bed to hug him.
"I am now that you're here." He smiled at Charlie. Amy coughed and smiled. Phillipa and I both laughed.
"Look at the flowers I got you." Charlie said shoving the flowers in his face. Ross' eyes darted to Amy. She had to take them off Charlie.
"They smell wonderful. Thanks Charls." He said and his younger daughter jumped off the bed and onto Amy's lap.
"I think we should give them some space." Phillipa nudged me and I nodded and we left the girls alone with their father.
"I might take that offer of a shower. Can I have one at yours?" I asked her and Phillipa nodded.
"Sure. Steven went back to LA for a couple of days." She said and I left with her.

~*~

Also, I have a Hamilton Imagines book. Go check it out!!!!