8

Amy's POV
After saying hi to Mom at the cemetery, my family and I had come back home. Is it tough not having mom around. Well, of course it is. It's like not having a limb. It was especially hard on Dad when she passed away. I mean, yeah it was hard on all of us. But we've learnt to live without her. Dads been seeing something which is good. I'm happy for him. I've never actually met her, but she seems nice. She's just finalise her divorce. Dad's a animal right lawyer and activist and she apparently works in the same building. I think she does some behind the scenes stuff for a morning show. I think it's Good Morning America, but I could be wrong.

"I don't know if I wanna go." I said to Phillipa over the phone. "It'll be too awkward." I whispered.
"What do you mean to awkward?" She asked suspiciously. I sighed in defeat. "Amy. What do you mean to awkward?" Phillipa questioned me again over the over.
"Promise you won't yell at me?" I whimpered.
"Just tell me alright Amy. Did you two hook up or something?" Phillipa asked me. I went silent. I nodded my head but then realised she couldn't see me. "Ohmygod Amy! You didn't you do?" Phillipa squealed.
"I did." I sighed.
"Wait. Is this before or after you vomited?" She asked me.
"What do you think?" I rolled my eyes.
"So that's why he was topless."
"Okay. That's not the reason." I giggled and rolled my eyes.
"Anyways. I've gotta go. Oh! Dad sends his love and prayers to you and your family." Phillipa sweetly said.
"Thanks heaps. I'll see you later." I said and hug up on her.

~*~

"Come on Charlie. I'm gonna be late for work." I said practically dragging her out of the door.
"I'm coming! I'm coming!" Charlie said full of attitude. I swung my work bag over my shoulder. It had all my uni books in there and a spare change of clothes.
"Amy dear. It's good to see you." Vanessa said as she collected her mail from the foyer.
"Hey Vanessa. Look I would love to stay and chat, but I've gotta take Charlie to preschool. Our train leaves in four minutes." I panicked.
"Would you like me to take her?" Vanessa kindly offered.
"Could you? That would be amazing." I sighed in relief.
"Of course. I owe you one. You looked after Seb the other day when I was unwell."
"Thank you so much Vanessa. Oh did Lin get my text?" I asked her as Charlie grabbed Vanessa's hand to old.
"Yeah he did." She smiled.
"His not mad is he? I'll try and leave a couple of minutes early." I said rushing out of the lobby.
I started work at 8am. And it's now 7:53am. I finish work at 12:30pm and university starts at 1pm. Lin then wants me to come to the theatre as the cast are going to do a run through and because I'm helping out with moving props backstage he wants me to get there at 4pm. I'm literally gonna die.

"Maria. I'm so sorry." I said rushing into the cafe and tying my apron up.
"You're okay dear." She gleaned as she made someone their coffee. "Our special today is an espresso cupcake." She smiled and I nodded.
"Hey. How can I help you?" I asked a customer.
"Hi. I was hoping you could give us directions to the Public Theatre." The young lady said.
"Oh sure. When you exit the door turn right. It's about thirteen blocks down. And then turn left and it's there. You can't miss it." I smiled and they said their thanks you's and left.
"Hi. How can I help you?"
"I'll get two cafe lattes. A mocha. Three hot chocolates and an orange juice." The customer said.
"Hey Randy." I smiled. Randy was one of our regulars. He worked just down the road. He was a receptionist a hotel. Every Monday he would shout his staff a drink. He always left me a good tip as well.
"Busy day today?" He said passing me over change.
"You have no idea." I laughed passing him is orange juice and giving correct change back.
"Keep it. You may need it." He said walked off to wait for his hot drinks and cupcakes. I placed the ten dollar note in my pocket and the loose change back in the register.
"Amy dear. If you have time this week I need to to test out a couple of new recipes. Raspberry and white chocolate. Coconut and Lime. And Liquorice." Maria said passing me the recipes. "They're gonna be our specials in February." Maria added. "I'll try and find time in the next two weeks." I sighed knowing how hectic my schedule was going to be.

"Dude. How have you already finished our assignment. We got it two weeks ago." Benny said as I sat down next to him. Benny was one of my closest friends at Uni. "I haven't even started it. It's due in two weeks." Benny was a very relaxed character. He always left things to the last minute but would get amazing scores. I walked up to my professor and handed him my papers.
"I'm very impressed Amy." He nodded. "Oh. And congratulations." He winked and I smiled.
"Thanks. I'm looking forward to it." I said sitting back down next to Benny and listening to one of the most boring classes ever. Hey, you get credit points for rocking up to lectures. All I could think about was Anthony. I know. It's so bad. I really just want a nap. I wanna be cuddled up into his arms. He had the most amazing warmth. His charisma was charming. I missed him. I wanted to speak to him. Heck. I wanted to feel his lips on mine again.
"See you Thursday Amy." Benny said waving behind me.
"Bye Benny." I said running back to the train station. I sighed when I remembered that I was meant to be sleeping at Anthony's place tonight. I left my stuff at home. I looked at my watch. 3:46pm. I don't have time to collect it. I sighed running to the Public Theatre. I entered the main lobby area where the bar was. I noticed Anthony was speaking to Reneè, Ariana and Oak. I decided to head in their direction.
"Amy! Thank god. I need to speak to you." Lin said literally putting my arm around my shoulders and pulling me aside. "Okay. So, what do you plan on doing for the opening night." Lin asked.
"Look, to be honest with you Lin. It's still in the works. I'll give you a written draft by Wednesday. I promise. I've been really busy with University work. That's my main priority right now. I know organising the opening should be. But I had an assignment-" Lin cut me off.
"It's all good. Anyways. They need you backstage." Lin smiled and pointed to a door where I could enter backstage.

"Okay. Let's do a run through in full costume. I hope everyone's ready." Alex shouted from the orchestra pit. The Stage Manager gave me a head set and microphone to use if needed.
"Hey Amy. I-" Anthony started.
"Dude. You're gonna miss your cue." Lin groaned rushing Anthony on stage.
"Missing lover boy yet?" Daveed laughed in my ear and entered the stage. I glared at him. Was it really that obvious, or did someone say something?
"Amy. We need the shot glasses and beer jugs at the ready." Jason, the stage manager, said. I gave them to one of the ensemble guys. I never realised working backstage would be this hard.
At the start of during Wait For It and Right Hand Man, Lin stood by my side. I noticed Anthony glance over and give me a sly smile. Phillipa came over and hugged me.
"Enjoying it so far?" She asked me. I nodded. Just as Lin turned around away from us I whispered to her.
"His been breathing down my neck the whole show." I groaned.
"Maybe he knows." Phillipa said and Reneè walked over. They were getting ready for Helpless. I sighed in defeat. I would've be able to talk to Anthony when Lin's around.