Sparks

The first day of Levi being gone was alright. I'll say this only once, it was a nice little break to be away from him and especially on my day off. I managed to get a lot done that I otherwise probably wouldn't have. Now that day two has rolled around I'm thinking the exact opposite. And the sad part is, is that we aren't even mates. At least, not to my knowledge yet anyway. Yet here I was, moping in my apartment – alone – sprawled out on my couch with a TV show airing in the background that I wasn't even paying attention to and acting like a love-sick she-wolf missing her mate.

I looked at the clock that hung in the kitchen and seeing I had two hours till my closing shift but I had no motivation to go knowing Levi wouldn't be there at the end of my shift for his usual cup of tea. Sitting up, I grabbed my phone and slide to the home the screen. I've debated numerous times on calling or texting him in hopes of maybe giving myself a peace of mind but I didn't want to disturb him while he worked. With the job he has, dealing with rogues and putting his life on the line, he has enough on his mind as it is. Instead, I opted on calling the café.

"Good afternoon and thank you for calling Stone Mountain Café, this is Petra how can I help you?"

"Hey Petra, its Dani. I was wondering if I could come in early. I'm uhh dying of boredom over here."

"You miss him huh." It wasn't a question it was more like a statement.

"Are you going to tease me if I say yes?"

"If I were Hange right now then yes I would, but no I won't. It's actually really sweet."

"Then yes, yes I miss him. I need to distract myself."

"Sure, by all means you can come in early!"

"And one more thing..."

"What is it?"

"I know you're not closing shop, but could you stick around please? Have some girl talk?"

"Of course! I'm always up for that. With Oluo being gone as well, it gets lonely in the apartment."

"Alright cool." I smiled, relieved. "I'll see you in a bit."

***

"Wait, he took you ice skating on your first date?" I asked bewildered in the café that had been closed now for roughly 15 minutes. Petra wasted no time for some girl talk. She smiled as she nodded, trying to hold back her laughter so she could tell the story of her and Oluo's first kiss that led to the illuminating spark.

"Of all the places he could pick, he chose an ice rink. I didn't mind at all. I love ice-skating and I'm sure that's why he took me there. No, I know that's why he took me there. But his coordination isn't the best and it was obvious he's never skated in his life."

"How many times did he fall?" Petra tapped her chin in thought.

"Hmm....I lost count at 20." We both laughed. "He couldn't sit for days without his muscles aching!" Our laughter died down. "I'm sure if it was with anyone else, he would have had a horrible time. I had smiled and laughed so much my cheeks were hurting. I don't think I've ever had that happened to me until that day. It was fun and I had a great time."

"So how'd it happen?" I inquired.

"Well, we were skating until the voice on the intercom told us they were about to close up for the night. Mostly everyone had gone home at that point so it was just us two and the staff that were cleaning up of course. I didn't want the night to end – I honestly wanted to spend more time with him. And I felt bad that he was falling a lot and getting himself hurt. He sacrificed that so I would have a great time doing something I loved. It was really sweet and the thought alone made me feel all warm inside – he really truly cared. It just felt right and I wanted him to feel the same way I was feeling." Petra's eyes clouded over. "So...I kissed him and the sparks exploded. It's a feeling I can't described, one you'd have to experience yourself to understand. When we parted he had this dreamy look on his face until shock settled in." Petra smiled wide, her face was glowing at the memory. "He was so surprised that he shouted, well he tried to shout 'You're my mate' but he bit his tongue before he could finish his sentence and fell on his bum yet again."