It all Makes Sense

"Twist it to the right." Jean called to Eren on the other side of the couch through the stairwell. "No! I said right!"

"I am twisting it to the right!" Eren yelled back.

"The other right then!" Jean yelled back, pushing the couch towards Eren out of anger. Eren stumbled, causing him to lose his grip and Jean to struggle with his hold.

"What the hell was that for?!"

"Shouldn't we help them?" I whispered to Petra who shook her head in shame.

"Those two are beyond help." Petra guided me back into my apartment and away from the fight that was sure to ensue. Today, a few of the pack members were helping me move in some furniture – courtesy of the pack itself.

In addition to Jean, Eren and Petra there was Erwin and Hange who were helping with the bed and dresser, Mikasa, Krista and Ymir were in charge of the living room with wall décor to help brighten up the place and a small entertainment center for when I have company over, Sasha and Connie are organizing the kitchen, and Armin was fixing up the bathroom. There was one person missing, who I thought would have been here but at the same time not surprised he didn't show, and that person was obviously Levi.

"Something wrong Dani?" Petra asked with concern as she started to unpack one of the many boxes filled with clothes she was no longer going to wear and in turn was giving to me. I shook my head while helping her with the unpacking.

"No not at all. Why do you ask?"

"You're mind seems to be elsewhere today. Did something happened at Levi's yesterday?"

"Nothing out of the ordinary." I wasn't lying. Levi was his usual self – cold, emotionless and distant. Myself, on the other hand, was feeling conflicted.

"You're lying." Petra stated, though not upset. "I'm getting better at reading you Dani. Soon I'll be just as good as Levi." She giggled, pushing me to my room. "Alpha Erwin, could we have some privacy please? We need to have a little girl talk." Erwin looked to me calculatingly then to Hange who still stood in the room, a giddy smile on her face as she tried to contain her excitement.

"By all means, it's her room." He closed the door behind him as he left.

"Is this about Levi?! It's about Levi isn't it! I knew it'd be about him!"

"Hange! Keep it down!" Petra protested.

"I never said it was." I pouted, crossing my arms defensively over my chest.

"You didn't have too!" Hange grabbed me by my shoulders and pushed me on the bed that wasn't even finished yet.

"Honestly it doesn't." I tried to defend myself but they just looked down at me with their faces saying 'really?' "Ok, maybe it has a little to do with Levi but really it has more to do with me personally than anything else."

"So what's up?" Petra asked taking a seat next to me.

"I tried to see if I could get him to open up a little bit with me, just to get to know him more, but he completely shut me out. I don't know if the topic of choice was too sensitive for him, if it was too personal or if I just went about it all wrong."

"What did you try talking to him about?" My face heated up. I know that as soon as I say it they'll start teasing me like they've done before.

"Mates..." Petra and Hange immediately started clapping and cheering like high school cheerleaders. "It's not what you think." I grumbled.

"Oh no? Then what is it hmm?" Hange pushed.

"I was just concerned that's all. He doesn't seem to care to have a mate, living all alone in that house seemingly content with his life; a life in which he cannot share with and experience the joy of feeling complete. I don't want him to just settle with what he's got, I don't want him to be content. I want him to be happy." Petra and Hange looked at each other with knowing smiles. "What? What are you guys not telling me? Do you know something?"