The Final Race, Concerns Chapter 48

"Erik finally you've been wanting to do this for so long." Lindsay said. "I want to see the ring." Carol said so I showed them. Erik walked out of the back with Landon and I told him the news. "Landon mommy and daddy are getting married." I told him. "Married?" He asked. "Me and daddy are going to have a sort of celebration where we get in front of friends and family and when it's done I'm going to have daddy's last name just like you." I told him. "Family?" He asked. "We will be a family like we are now only my last name won't be Harris." I told him. "Will twins be here?" He asked. "They might be here before we get married or they might get here after." Erik told him. "Ok." He replied smiling.

"I'm going to be a Jones." I said after Kyle came to get Landon since I made a playdate for Landon and Braxton. I then sat down and said again "i'm going to be a Jones." Then looked at Erik. "We already made Landon a Jones." Erik said taking my hand. "You won't be a Jones just yet Zo, you can still be a Harris, or you can have Harris in your name." He then said. "I like that idea, I just don't want the Harris name to go." I said. "It won't our kids and their kids and their kids and you get where I'm going with that but they will always be half Harris." He told me. We sat and talked to his mom and sister until they decided to go back to their hotel. "We are going to have to buy things for the RV for the twins." I told Erik when he sat back down on the couch. "Quadruple everything." He replied. "Yeah quadruple everything." I said.

"I didn't realize we'd have to do so much work with twins." He said. "I know, it's hard enough at home, but here too at least it's already child proofed." I said. "Yeah that's a nice feeling." He replied. We then decided to just relax mostly for me and the twins before Kyle brought back Landon. After we got Landon back we went to go move him well Erik moved him into the smaller room so that we had enough room for two babies when they can come to races. That Saturday Erik took Landon to drivers stuff while I went to pit road. "Hey how are the twins?" Chris asked when he saw me as Erik was playing with Landon. "They are good, have you heard about what Erik did?" I asked him.

"Maybe what did he do?" Chris questioned. "He asked me to marry him." I replied smiling before showing him the ring. "It's beautiful, he's a lucky guy with a beautiful little family." He said hugging me. "I'm a lucky person with an amazing family." I replied watching my men playing. Pre race stuff started and I was holding Landon with Erik's arm around us and his hand rested on my stomach lightly rubbing it. "Have we told media about the babies?" I whisper asked Erik. "No, but they will be asking after the race." He replied. "Yeah." I said placing a hand on his. After everything was done Erik kissed Landon and me then got into his car while I took Landon to the pit box to watch the race. "What was that restart like really." I said watching what happened.

"What the hell was that?" Chris said. "Hey watch your language." I scolded him. "Oh yeah sorry Zoey." He replied. "Erik's going to be in ninth to finish this year." He then said. "Oh boy." I replied. "Hey just remember Landon's birthday and you get to find out the gender of the twins next month." He replied. "Yeah that's true." I replied putting a hand on my stomach. We got down and Landon ran to the pit wall waiting until one of the pit crew members helped him over and ran to Erik while I stayed behind but I could still hear them. "Everyone at home saw you rubbing Zoey's stomach during pre race ceremonies was that just random or do you two have another baby on the way?" The interviewer asked Erik.

"Actually we have twins on the way, she's a couple months along and we get to find out the genders next month." Erik replied before I walked to them. "So you're pregnant?" He asked me Erik not realizing I walked over. "Yeah, I was surprised because I am always careful when it comes to stuff like babies but when I found out I was having twins I wasn't that surprised twins run in my moms side of the family." I told him while Erik wrapped an arm around me. "You'll have a two year old in December how is Landon dealing with the twins?" He asked. "Actually pretty well." I said. "Yeah, Landon's getting excited about the twins and we are going to let him help us shop for them and we will talk to him about how things are going to change and do anything that will help him." Erik said and I smiled. "Well there are a lot of changes that will happen for you two, I wish you the best of luck." He said and Erik and I said thank you before he signed off.

"When we know their gender we can start buying clothes, some toys, bottles and other such." I told Erik. "Alright, we can do that, then at five months we will buy furniture." He said smiling. "Yeah." I replied. "So what are we doing now?" He asked. "Can you take Landon to the RV, I'm going to meet up with your mom and sister to talk for a while." I told him. "Oh ok we can do that I guess." Erik replied. "I love you I'll talk to you later." I said hugging him and then kissed both Erik and Lan then left. "Hi Carol hi Lindsay." I said hugging them both. "Hey Zoey." They replied. "I'm not sure what's going on with Erik but he's kind of distant and has been since you know, he's good with Landon but I think he's trying to distant himself from Lan too but he's faking not being distant with both of us." I told them.

"Because he was so close to his dad and then his dad passed away." Carol said. "Yeah, I think that's why we fight a lot because he won't talk to anyone and I don't think he wanted to be at the track most of the time." I told them. "What do we do?" Lindsay asked. "That's why I'm talking to you two." I said. "Why don't you and Landon spend time away from the house, let him do his thing for a couple of weeks." Carol said. "I fear leaving him alone, what he could do." I said. "Just let him do his own thing, he'd never do anything bad." Lindsay said. "I will, we can take little trips places find zoos, go kart tracks and other fun places." I said smiling. "If your concerns grow, call us or call someone who can help." Carol said before we all said bye and I went back to the track.