Second Race Chapter 10

"Erik pancakes." I called from the kitchen. "Hold on." He called before walking out in his firesuit. "You're going to win today right?" I asked sitting at the table. "Of course I am." He replied. "Good." I replied. "I do have to get my girlfriend into VL." He said sitting beside me. "Well I've been in VL with my family, it would be nice to be there with someone else." I replied before eating. "Win the dash for cash too." He said. "Yes." I said.

"What heat are you in?" I asked as we were walking to the track. "Heat one." He answered as he slung his arm around me. "So you get to spend a little time with me in between your heat and the race." I said. "Yeah, it will be a nice little break, sitting with you on the pit box." He replied pulling me closer to him. "You smell good." I randomly said. "I won't be for long." He replied smiling. "Yeah I know but in the end it's worth it." I replied as he went to drivers intros.

The cars drove off for heat one and Erik ended up winning, then we hung out while heat two was going on and now it's the race so once again the command was given and they were off. "And your winner here in Dover is Erik Jones." The announcer said. "Yes." I yelled while jumping up. I hugged his crew chief and got down from the pit box, going to victory lane with his crew. "Back in VL but with someone who isn't related to you." His jack man said. "Yeah, it's nice to be here with someone other than my uncle or cousin." I replied.

"Finally I get to see you." Erik said when he finally found me in victory lane. "Yeah finally." I said kissing him. "So, heres your phone." I said handing him his phone. "Call him." I simply told him I knew he knew who I was talking about. Erik called his dad staying close to me and as he was on the phone he started to cry. When he got off the phone he hugged me tightly and I just rubbed his back. "Babe, you still need pictures." I whispered in his ear.

"Come on then." He said trying to stop crying and when he was done I wiped his tears away and we went to the trophy. "This is a time for happiness why is he crying?" Erik's crew chief whisper asked me. "Dad." I replied. "He called his dad?" He asked. "Yeah I wanted him to, poor boy." I said before we took pictures. When we were done Erik had other media things to do so I was about to leave but he said "no please stay." So I went with him.

"Erik, we noticed that you were talking on the phone crying in victory lane, were you talking to your dad again?" One reporter asked. "Yeah, Zoey here told me it was a good idea to call him and tell him." He answered. "Why is Zoey Nemechek with you?" Another one asked. "She is my girlfriend, she was the first one outside of family members to know so she's been my rock ever since we started going out." He replied. "Zoey, how did it feel to be in victory lane with someone other than family?" A reporter asked me. "It's nice I wish he wasn't so sad because it's a time to celebrate but it's nice being in victory lane with him." I replied. This went on for a while longer with questions for both of us and then it was over.

"We have a long day tomorrow, let's go to bed." I said when we finally got to the RV. "Or ya know we could something else." Erik said. "If you're thinking what I'm thinking I'm in." I said walking into the bedroom swinging my hips. "We still need to celebrate." He said walking into the room and kissing me passionately. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do this." He whispered kissing down my jaw. "Do you have condoms?" I asked trying not to moan. "Yeah, I have an unopened box in the nightstand." He replied moving us to the bed. Let's just say that was the best way to celebrate with someone who isn't family.

"We are going to stay in Denny's pit box." Erik said as I walked into the kitchen. "Ok, then we have to meet my family at the airport so we can go to Charlotte get my things and then go to your home." I said. "We have a busy day, how are you feeling?" He asked smirking. "I could not be hurting but it is what it is." I replied shrugging my shoulders. "Sorry babe." He said as I sat down. "It was worth it." I replied kissing him then eating. The race finally started and it was an interesting one with Matt Kenseth winning the race.

"Let's go get our things." I said after we talked to Danny and Kyle. "This will be fun." He said. "All we have to do is go to my uncles house pack for the next week and then we can go." I told him. "Ok, I just can't wait for you to meet him." He said. "I can't wait to meet him." I replied. We packed and then met with my family at the airport then we went to Charlotte to pack for two weeks. "Off to Michigan." I said as we got on the plane. "Yup, I can't wait for you to meet my family." He said smiling. "I can't wait to meet them, I wish it wasn't like this though." I said. "Yeah I do to but it is what it is." He said. We talked until the plane landed and we got in his truck and he drove us to his place.

"We are going to see him tomorrow." He said. "Ok, will your mom be here?" I asked. "Yeah I think she said that she would come home to see us and see how my sister is then we will all go tomorrow." He replied.