Hanging Around Chapter 9

"What're you two doing?" He asked his eyes still covered. "Uh." Was the only thing out of my mouth. "We were only making out." Erik said. "Right." JH said. "We thought that Erik shouldn't get hurt right now, I like him." I said getting off of Erik. "Are you sure?" He asked. "Of course, we wern't going to let it get too far." Erik said sitting up.

"Ok, good as cute as you think Erik is we don't need the next generation of drivers having the next next generation of drivers." JH said. "Don't worry John Hunter, no babies." I told him. "Well I was coming here to say, if you're staying here come back to my RV and get your things." He said. "Alright, come on Erik." Taking his hand and we put our shoes on then went to JH's RV, got my things and we went back to Erik's RV. "So now you are staying here, have you talked to your uncle?" He asked. "No, we are going to have dinner with him tonight." I said. "Alright, that sounds fun." Erik replied. "He likes you Erik don't worry." I said.

"I know he likes me, who do you think convinced him to let you date a driver." He replied. "You did?" I asked. "Yup he told me only after I broke up with Hayley." He replied. "I was confused on who could of wanted me to go out with a driver, why didn't I think you would of." I said hugging him tightly. "I don't want to be hurt driving a car babe." "Oh, yeah we need you winning the races." I said "Yeah, do you think I'll win this weekend?" He asked. I wrapped my arms around his neck and said "of course, you're fast you can win this." Before kissing him. "As long as I have you and my family supporting me I think I can win." He replied.

"Your parents are cheering you on back home don't you forget that." I told him. "Yeah, I know but this is the first race they aren't here for." He replied removing my arms from around his neck and sitting on the couch. "It must be tough." I replied sitting as close as I could beside him. "Are you letting the media know after the race?" I asked. "I was going to call my dad after the race so if they find out they find out no matter where I am." He replied putting his head on my shoulder. I could feel his tears on my shirt and just let him cry while rubbing his arm trying to comfort him. "I know it's hard." I said.

Erik fell asleep on my shoulder so I moved us so that I was laying on the couch and he was cuddled up to me. "Hey Zoey." Daniel said when I told him to come in trying not to wake Erik, which surprisingly it worked. "Hey Daniel, what's up?" I asked. "Nothing much, Erik wanted me to come over to talk about the race and what not." He said. "I don't think that will happen anytime soon." I said looking at him. "No, I can come back later just tell him to text me when he wakes up." Daniel said. "Alright, I guess I will see you later." I replied before he left.

I got a text from JH telling me that it was almost time for us to go to Joe's RV. "Erik, babe we need to get ready to go to my uncle's RV." I said shaking him. "Do we have to?" He asked. "If you want me to meet your family then yes we do." I said. "Fine let's get ready." He said finally getting up. "Daniel came by earlier, but you were sleeping and I think he understood why you were sleeping, you need to text him." I said as we went to the bedroom. "Ok, thanks." He said. "Anytime." I replied. "Thank you for being there for me, even if we just started going out." He said hugging me. "It's no big deal, I have liked you ever since I first saw you." I replied. "Really?" He asked. "Yeah, I would of always done this, even if we had to be just friends." I said. "Well, I'm glad I kissed you the first time." He replied kissing me. "I'm glad you kissed me too." I replied when he pulled away.

"Let's get go." I said grabbing his hand when we were ready to go. "I just hope he will let you." Erik replied. "If he allows me to spend the weekends with you I can go home with you." I told him. "Good point." He replied as we walked out of the RV and to my uncle's RV. We made small talk until we made it and it looked like JH just got there too. "JH." I said running up and hugging him. "Hey Zoey." He replied hugging me back. "Hey JH." Erik said when he got to us. "Hey Erik." JH replied. "Well I'm hungry." I said as we walking into the RV. "Hi Joe." I said hugging him. "Hi Zoey, John Hunter and Erik." He replied hugging me, the two other boys said hi then we ate.

"Erik wants me to meet his dad." I said in the middle of dinner. "Ok, when?" He asked. "I wanted her to come with me this week sir." Erik said to my uncle. "Ok she can do that, whatcabout clothes?" He asked. "We wern't thinking of that." I replied. "Why don't we leave on Sunday so Zoey can pack and then she can stay with you." Joe said. "Really?" I asked smiling. "Of course, I can tell he makes you happy and when you're happy I'm happy, and I know I wouldn't hear the end of it if you didn't go." He said. "Thank you Joe." I said smiling as big as I could. "John would like Erik." Joe randomly said. "I think he would of." I replied my smile slowly fading at the mention of my father. "I want you to come meet my parents." I told Erik. "I would like to meet them, could I talk to them alone when you take me to them?" He asked. "Of course." I replied.

After dinner we talked some more about plans and then we went to Erik's RV. We watched TV until we decided to go to bed and went to cuddle on the bed. "He's going to love you, I know it." He said. "I hope so ya know, I've never actually met a boyfriends parents." I said. "Well then I'm happy you get to actually meet mine." He said kissing my head. "Me too." I replied before we fell asleep.

The next day we barely did anything but practices and now it's time for John Hunter's race. "Go win JH." I said hugging him after pre race ceremonies. "I'll try my hardest Zo." He said. "Good luck JH." Erik said. "Thank you, good luck tomorrow." He replied to Erik before getting into his truck and we went to the pit box. After the race we all went back to my uncle's RV since Matt Crafton won. "Who's hungry?" Joe asked as we walking into the RV. A chorus of I am was said buy us three so we ate then split up and Erik and I went to once again go cuddle and sleep in the bedroom.

"Babe, it's race day get up." Erik said. "What's for breakfast?" I asked. "Whatever you make." He replied. "Pancakes it is." I told him before getting up and going to make pancakes.