Little Dinner Chapter 15

"JH, my favourite cousin." I said walking into his garage everyone was getting their cars and trucks ready. "Hey Zo." He replied. "What's going on with the truck?" I asked. "Nothing much, we are just making final adjustments before tomorrow." He said. "Fun." I replied leaning against the truck. "Did you see your parents?" He asked me. "Yeah why can you tell?" I asked. "Yeah, it's easy to tell when you see either one of them, you aren't as happy as you usually are, there is a hint of sadness in your voice." He replied hugging me. "Well Erik went with me, he talked to both of them." I told him. "That's nice, it's nice he wanted to talk to them." JH said, "Yeah it is nice, he respects that even if they aren't here physically they are still in my life." I said.

"Oh yeah that would be nice." He replied. "Erik's going to practice, I'll see you later." I said looking at my phone. "Alright, dinner our house tonight bring the boy." JH said. "Alright." I called walking to pit road. "Let's see what this car can do." I said getting up into the pit box. "That's what I like to hear from you." Chris said. When both practices were over I went back to the RV and waited for Erik to get done with Chris and talking about his car, and possibly an interview. As I was playing NASCAR '15 the door opened and I turned my head and some random guy walked in.

"Hello?" I asked as he went to the kitchen. "Hello." He said in an accent. "Who are you?" I then asked. "Daniel, what's your name?" He then asked me. "Zoey Nemechek." I said. "You are Zoey?" He asked. "Yeah why?" I questioned. "You are as beautiful as Erik says." He told me. "Erik talks about me?" I asked blushing. "All the time, I hear he has since he met you." Daniel told me. "That's cute." I said as Erik walked in. "What?" He asked. "Daniel here was telling me how you talk about me and have since you first saw me." I told him. "Dude, why?" Erik asked. "It slipped out, but why does it matter?" He asked. "That is true." Erik then said.

"How did you get here before Erik?" I asked Daniel. "Just faster I guess." He replied. Erik went into the bedroom to change so I excused myself from the front room and went to go see Erik. "Hey babe." I said sitting on the bed. "Hey baby." He replied before putting on a shirt. "How are you doing?" I asked as he looked at me. "Could be better, but at least I have you." He said sitting beside me. "We are going to dinner at the house tonight, JH told me to 'bring the boy' so thats what's going on." I told him. "Alright that sounds nice." He replied. "Why is Daniel here?" I whispered. "We are going to hang out." He said pecking my lips. "I'm tired, don't be too loud." I said before kissing him again and then he went out to the living area. I fell asleep soon after he left the room.

I woke up to someone moving around on the bed. "Erik?" I asked still waking up. "It's almost time to go to Joe's get ready baby." He said as I was trying to sit on the bed. "Alright, are you ready?" I asked. "Yeah, I just have to put shoes on." He replied helping me up. "Go wait in the living area, I'll be out in like five minutes." I told him shooing him out of the room. I got changed and found my phone which was hiding in the blankets on the bed and then walked out of the room. "Erik you ready?" I asked. "Yeah of course, you look beautiful like always." He told me I started to blush. "Come on suck up." I said putting on my shoes as he had his shoes on already and we went to my house.

"When did Daniel leave?" I asked on our way. "A little before I woke you up." He replied. "Was he leaving anyways then?" I asked. "Yeah, had to go do some things I guess." He replied. "Well now we can go eat, I am hungry." I said as we got to the house. "Hi Zoe, Erik." Joe said as he answered the door. "Hi Uncle Joe." I said hugging him. "Hi Joe." Erik said as I walked in, they shook hands and then Erik walked in. After a while of talking we sat at the table and ate dinner. After the young girls went to bed the rest of us played a board game then after we were done I went with Erik to the hotel.

"What should we do?" I asked Erik. "I have something we could do." He said pulling me to the bed. "Uh, Erik?" I asked. "Don't worry I just wanted to cuddle." He replied looking at me. "Alright as long as nothing else really happens, i'm not ready yet." I told him. "Ok, I get it and plus your uncle would most likely kill me if I did do anything else right now." He replied. "Good, I don't want you gone so soon." I said kissing him. "Yeah, I still have a long way to go in my racing career." He said.

"Baby?" I questioned. "Yeah?" He asked. "I was wondering, what if he doesn't make it, like how would you feel?" I asked. "I'd be upset, but I'd have you and my mom and friends and sister and the rest of my family, oh and the NASCAR community." He said pulling me closer to him. "When my mom died, I was a mess, I would barely eat sleep or even go outside, I'd just sit in my room crying." I said turning to look at him. "Well everything is going to be ok." He said. "It will, your dad is strong, I've met him a few times and he, well he's really strong he's going to fight until his final moments." I told him.

"Yeah, yeah he will it's just my parents have supported me in everything I did, and it's been hard traveling and not having my parents with me." He said. "It gets easier, trust me you will just have to adapt, but family and friends will always help you." I told him. "Yeah you're right I hope." He said smiling sadly at me. "Let's get to bed we have things to do tomorrow." I told him before I closed my eyes ready to let sleep overtake me.