Races Chapter 7

"One of you two is the father of my baby." Harley started putting her hands on her hips. "Yeah we know that much." I said. "So what are we doing about this?" Brain asked. "I don't know that's why I wanted to meet up with you two." She said. "I don't want to get too attached in case it isn't mine." I said. "Me neither." Brian said. "One of you or both of you have to at least help." She replied. "Fine, when I'm home I'll help, get you your cravings, take you to the doctors and what not." I replied. "I guess I could help you when he's not." Brian said. "I'm not getting attached to that child." I replied again. "I don't care as long as you don't care if the child is yours." She said. "I don't because I'm pretty sure that the child isn't mine." I said.

**Zoey P.O.V.*

"Erik isn't going to be here." I whined. "Take pictures, that will get your mind off of him." JH said. "Yeah, but I just don't like the feeling that he's with her while I'm here." I replied. "Just take pictures." He replied before walking away and texting whoever on his phone. I went to the garages and took pictures of the guys I should be taking pictures of and their crews and cars. After second pratice for the Sprint Cup Series I went to the RV. I took pictures of the Hendrick guys all weekend and we were finally going home, JH didn't do very good so we aren't really going to bring it up, ending that race in P28 and all. When we get back home I start texting Erik and we talk until I finally fall asleep. A month later we were on our way to Kansas.

"Erik will be at Dover, one more race." JH said walking into my room. "Oh my gosh." I said. "You'll survive." He said before walking out of my room. I packed everything and we were on our way. "Dale." I said when I saw him in the garage. "Yes Zoey?" He asked. "I was wondering if I could stay with you for one or two races?" I asked. "Maybe I have to ask Amy." He said. "Alright." I replied before going to ask a few more guys. "Chase Elliott." I called when I saw him. "Oh hey Zoey what's going on?" He asked. "I've been asking guys if i could stay with them a couple of weekends so I could hang out with Erik, I know my uncle wouldn't let me stay with Erik so here I am." I said. "You can stay with me, your uncle wouldn't know if you were actually in my RV or not would he?" He asked. "Well no, he wouldn't." I said. "Then you can stay with me then." He said. "Thank you Chase." I said hugging him. "No problem." He replied before I went back to find my uncle and JH.

"Chase said I can stay with him, and Dale will most likely be able to check on us if you don't trust him." I said to Joe. "Well I was thinking you can stay with Erik, but if you went through all this trouble," He said trailing off. "I was just going to stay with Erik anyways just tell you I was staying with one of the other drivers." I replied. "I thought so." He replied. "I was thinking I could stay with him during the weekend and then come home during the week." I said. "Sure, just no babies until you're married." He said. "Ok I swear there will be no babies until later on down the road." I replied. "Then that's fine to stay with Erik." He said and I hugged him. I went to go tell Chase what I was doing then took more pictures. After a wild day we went back to the RV and I got changed and fell asleep while JH was somewhere doing who knows what.

JH finished second at Martinsville and 28th at Kansas now we are finally on our way to Dover and when I say finally I mean we had plane troubles and then John Hunter almost made us all late and I fell asleep but now we are on our way. "Here we are, Dover." JH said as we pulled into our RV spot. I got out of the truck and got my things then we went to our rooms and met back out in the living area. "What are you doing about Erik?" JH asked me as he sat beside me. "I dunno." I replied just then there was knocking at the door. "Who's that?" I asked. "How should I know, hold on." He replied before going to get the door. "Finally she can stop complaining." JH said and I knew it was Erik. "Hey JH, nice to see you too." Erik said. "She's on the couch." JH said and Erik walked in. "Can we go hang out in your room?" He asked. "Sure." I replied before getting up and walking to my room. "No babies." JH called before I closed the door.

"What's going on?" I asked looking at the boy on my bed. "My dad, we found out he has cancer." Erik told me. "Oh." I replied before sitting beside him and hugging him. Just like when we were first hanging out i sat against the wall and he sat beside me cuddling into my side and put his head on my shoulder. "He's going to be ok, you know that babe." I said running my fingers through his hair. "But what if he's not?" He asked. "All we can do is wait." I replied.

"Yeah, hopefully the treatment works." He said. "Yeah we can only hope." I said. "So now that we have that out in the open, what do you want to do?" I asked. "Can we just stay here like this?" He asked. "Of course we can, i like this anyways." I replied smiling sadly. A few minutes later I could tell he fell asleep so I carefully moved so we were laying on the bed. JH walked in and asked "what's going on, why don't I hear talking?" Before he saw Erik. "What's going on with him?" JH whisper asked. "His dad has cancer" I whisper replied. "Poor guy." He replied before leaving. "Wait." I called back. "What?" He asked. "I'm hungry." I said looking at him with my puppy dog eyes. "I'll get you something." He replied. He brought me back food and I ate trying not to wake up Erik.