The Guy Chapter 40

At noon I was told I could bring Landon home so I signed the papers then took him to Zoey's room. "She hasn't changed." JH said when he saw it was us. "Is your dad coming back?" I asked. "Yeah later today why?" He asked. "Chris brought me here so I don't have a way home." I told him. "Ok, I'll tell him before he comes, you guys can go home and I'll stay here and watch her." JH said. "Ok yeah thanks." I replied. Just then I remembered my mom so I called her after carefully putting Lan on the bed. "Hey mom." I said when she picked up. "What's going on?" She asked. "Zoey and Landon they got into a car accident." I told her. "Oh god, is Zoey ok and Landon what about the twins?" She asked. "Everyone is ok, but Zoey is in a medically induced coma." I told her. "How bad was Landon hurt?" She asked and I could hear her sniffles and I felt tears again. "Not that bad he hurts and the crash broke his arm but he's ok otherwise." I told her.

"And the twins?" She asked carefully. "The twins are fine." I told her. "Shes ok but asleep?" My mom asked. "Yes." I told her. "Alright, do you need me to come up or?" She asked. "Well if you want to come up and help I'd set up the mattress or you can take Lan's room he can take mine and I'll have the couch." I told her. "Maybe I'll think about it." She told me. "Alright do you want to talk to Lan?" I asked her. "Sure if he doesn't mind." She replied. "It's grandma Jones." I told Landon. "Grama." He said taking the phone and I got him off the bed. They were talking and then JH took Landon for a walk. I placed a kiss on Zoey's forehead after they left then carefully laid beside her with a hand on her stomach. I stayed like that and I kissed her every once in a while trying not to cry. "Erik?" I heard Joe question. "What?" I asked still looking at Zoey. "What are you doing?" He asked carefully as I was still on the bed. "She has to wake up." I told him. "She's tough, she will wake up." He replied before I got off the bed.

Just then JH and Landon walked into the room. "Dad, why don't you take Erik and Landon back to their apartment." John Hunter said. "Yeah let's go." Joe replied. "No I can't leave her." I said. Just then there was a knock at the door so Joe opened the door since we had it closed. "Hi, my breaks wern't working and I heard that the car I hit there was a young woman who was pregnant and there was a child in the back seat." The voice said. "My niece, she is pregnant and the parents of baby number one are expecting baby number two and three." I heard Joe say. "I feel so horrible, how can I make it up to her family?" He asked. "Hold on." Joe said before coming to talk to us. "What do we do?" He asked. "Let him in." I replied looking at Zoey. "You can see the family I guess." He told the guy.

"Is everyone ok?" He asked. "Zoey is in a medically induced coma, but everyone is ok, we still have the twins." I told him getting up and holding her hand. "I feel so bad, I was trying to stop but I couldn't and I saw her car coming so I tried to do whatever I could to not hit her car." He said. "I brought your family flowers, I know I could have badly hurt someone and I'm thankful that I didn't." He continued. "Did the police check the car?" JH asked. "Yes, they said it was a failing master cylinder." He replied, so it wasn't really his fault he couldn't have known. At that time Landon wanted to sit on my lap so I let him. "I really am so sorry about what I did to your family." He said turning to me. "I'm assuming you are the father of them, although you seem a little young." He added. "I am the father of all three of them, we were eighteen when she had this one but she didn't tell me about him and I get why she didn't but I'm here." I told him. "He's what almost two then?" He asked. "Yes." I replied. "Is there anything I can do for you and your family?" He asked. I thought about it for a minute. "No, I forgive you, but she may not so could we get contact information for when she wakes up?" I asked him. "Yeah sure he said before giving me a card and then he left.

"You took that well." JH said to me when he was gone. "You just have to forgive people, especially if it was the car not them." I replied. "I'm glad Zoey has you." Joe said before Andrea came in. "I need to talk to Joe and JH." I told her. "Alright, Blair and Kennedy will be here in a few minutes." She replied before a car seat and a couple of backpacks were brought in. "The car has a lot of damage, here's all the children's things in the car." The officer said. "Thank you we could have done that." Joe replied. "A young lady with a child and two on the way we were happy to do it." He said before I became confused. "Landon here kept on saying mommy babies and we figured that meant that she was pregnant." He said. "She is, they are strong just like mommy." I replied. "Good, and  is this Landon?" He asked looking and Lan. "Yeah he's tough too." I replied. After he left I went out to talk to Joe and JH. "When my mom came to bring back Landon from Michigan, she brought me an engagement ring I picked out, and I'm not going to lie to you I picked it out the very first time I saw her at the track." I told them. "She's the one you want forever." JH said. "She's my penguin." I told them. "Which means?" Joe asked. "I want both of your permission to ask her to marry me." I told them. "You don't have to ask us." Joe said. "But you've raised her since she was five, you are practically her father figure since her's left us around the time she was a baby." I replied. "You're a nice young man, I'm afraid to say yes but." He replied not finishing his sentence.