Kentucky Chapter 29

When I woke up the next day I ate then stared at my ring which ended in me crying. "Baby, Zoey sweetheart what's the matter?" Erik asked when he saw me on the couch crying. "I-i-i-i don'tttt have any-y-y-yone to walkme down the i-i-i-isle." I cried to him. He sat on the couch beside pulled me onto his lap and rocked me until I calmed down a lot. "Baby what's the matter?" He asked again. "I don't have anyone to walk me down the isle." I told him before resting my head on his shoulder. "You have your uncle, and John Hunter and Landon to walk to down the isle." He told me. "Yeah, what if I get all three to walk me down?" I asked. "Sure you can whatever you want." He replied which made me feel better.

"Landon, come on little monkey wake up." I said shaking him. "Mama?" He asked sitting up. "Hey baby." I replied. "Where is daddy?" He asked. "Watching TV come on let's go eat breakfast." I told him and I got him a bowl of cereal. "Daddy, can we go see your car?" Landon asked when he was done. "In a little bit I'll take you to go see my car and go see Daniel ok bud." He said. "Ok daddy." He said before going to get his cars to play with. An hour later Erik got ready for the day while I got Landon ready and they went to the garages while I got ready for the day. I slowly walked to the garages taking in everything that goes on at a race track the fans, the PR's driving their drivers to meetings, crew guys walking around the noise the smell of food.

*Erik Jones P.O.V.*

"I woke up and she was sitting on the couch crying." I told Daniel. "Why was she crying?" He asked me. "She was sad because her dad isn't alive and I guess it sunk in that he won't walk her down the isle at our wedding." I told him. "So you picture yourself getting married to her?" He asked. "She's been the only one since I first saw her with John Hunter Nemechek." I told him smiling at the thought of us being together forever. "You really are in love with her." He said. "Yeah I am, so how is Hayley and the baby?" I asked. "Good, She's due next month, which is crazy." He said. "That would be crazy to think about a little Daniel running around in the next couple of years." I said, it's still hard to believe I have Landon waddling around now. "Yeah, I know, we decided on the name Gabriel." He said. "Finally, wasn't is between Gabriel and Max?" I asked.

"Yeah, she didn't want to name a child Max so we decided on Gabriel." He told me. "That sounds like the perfect name." I said. Then a thought occurred to me. "Daniel, uh, what happens when the baby comes next month?" I asked. "She's staying with me, her parents said that if we wanted they would pay for an apartment close to me so I can be around my child." He said. "So that means?" I asked. "She's moving to North Carolina this month and we are driving to the races so I can be there for her and we are finding a driver to fill in for me." He replied. "That's good for both of you." I replied. "Very good for both of us." He replied.

"I better go find out where my crew has Landon and help with the car before practices." I said. "Yeah, I better go to my car too." Daniel replied before we were on our way. "Daddy, where is mommy?" Landon asked when he hugged me. "She's still at the RV." I told him. "I want mommy." He said. "Well I think she is coming right now." I told him seeing her talking to someone. "I want mommy now." He said getting upset. "There she is I see her bud." I told him seeing her walking towards the garage. "Hey Landon what's the matter?" Zoey asked Landon "Mommy." He said reaching out for her. "Come here little monkey." She said taking him from me. "He's been like this the whole time we have been in Kentucky at the track." I told her. "He's never been like this before." She said.

"Something's going on." I said. "The last time he was like this was when he was a baby." She told me. "What's going on?" She asked him. "Mommy cuddles." He said hugging her. "I'll take mommy cuddles." She said holding him closer. After that it was practice and I got into the car.

*Zoey's P.O.V.*

"Landon what's the matter?" I asked him. "I don't want you to leave." He said. "Baby I'm not going anywhere." I told him kissing his head. "Oh." He replied. "What made you think I was leaving?" I asked him. "You crying." He replied. "Oh, you heard me crying this morning?" I asked. "Yeah and last time mommy you left." He said. "Baby, I was crying because when I get married to daddy I won't have a daddy to give me away." I told him. "Married?" He asked. "Marriage is when two people like me and daddy from different families come together as one family." I told him. "Why?" He asked. "Because we love each other very much and want to grow up together until we are like grandma and grandpas." I told him. "Not here anymore?" He asked. "Yeah, not here anymore." I replied.

"But I learned that I won't have a daddy to walk me down the isle, but I have you to walk me down." I told him. "Me?" He asked. "Yeah, you and me will walk down the isle and you can give me away to daddy." I told him. "Ok, will JH come with us?" He asked. "Down the isle?" I asked. "Yeah down the isle." He said. "Do you want uncle Joe and JH to come with us and give me away to daddy?" I asked him. "Yeah." He replied. "I want uncle Joe and JH walk me down the isle too." I said. "Will you ask them?" He asked. "Yeah I will ask them." I said.

"Are you ok now?" I asked. "More mommy cuddles." He replied wrapping his arms around me as tight as he could. "Ok mister more mommy cuddles." I replied. The next day was race day and Landon still wouldn't leave my side. "Landon baby what's the matter?" I asked. "Mommy stay." He replied. "Darling I can't go anywhere." I told him. "Ok mommy." He replied. The pre race ceremonies started and Landon was hanging on to me. After I kissed Erik Landon kissed him then we went to the pit box and watched everyone race. "Daddy didn't do very well." Landon said. "No he did not." I replied. "Are you proud of him?" He asked me. "Very proud of him." I told him.

"Baby you did good." I said hugging Erik the best I could. "Thanks Zoey." He replied. "Good job daddy." Landon said and I gave him to Erik. "Mommy no." He said trying to get to me. "Landon do you want to come back to the track?" I asked him. "Yes." He replied quickly. "Then stop doing this." I told him. Erik took Landon to do media things and I went back to the RV.

The next two weekends we went to Las Vegas with Joe and JH where JH ended in sixteenth and in Dover Erik also ended in sixteenth. We went to Charlotte the next weekend where Erik got fifth.