Little Trip Part 2 Chapter 19

I woke up the next morning and got Landon, who was still sleeping ready for today. Erik came into the room telling me that we had to get to the hospital fast. "Erik let me drive." I said walking upstairs with Landon in my arms. "That's what I think is best." He said taking Landon from me so I could get dressed. I drove us as fast as I could to the hospital. "Are your mom and Lindsay already there?" I asked on our way. "Yeah, my mom called me and told me to get everyone to my dad's room." He told me. "Oh, that's never good, my aunt stayed at my house when my mom was in the hospital and she had to be called to the hospital the dad my mom died, this can't be good." I said taking his hand. "He's helped me through so much I need him here." Erik said. "Is Landon still asleep?" I asked. "Yeah, why?" He asked.

"This is upsetting I know, but trust me everyone is going to remember your dad if this doesn't go the way we want it to go." I told Erik then continued "me and him, we will always be here for you, your dad has taught you everything he could have, now you can take everything you've learned from your dad and put it all into being a father to that boy, if you don't believe he's your son, I have a DNA test, the Charlotte hospital sent the test here." I told him. "My dad would like that." Erik replied. "Alright, living with you helped me get your DNA, and I knew that he would question it." I told Erik.

I took a glance at him and there were tears forming. "Sweetie, everything will be alright eventually, well kind of." I told him. "You lost both of your parents, how are you so strong now?" He asked. "I realized that they are never coming back, I got mad at God for a while because all the children around me had parents and he took both of them away from me." We arrived at the hospital a little later and after getting Landon we went to find the doctor that would have the test and then went to Dave's room.

*Erik's P.O.V.*

I woke up the day after I found out I had a son, at least the mystery girl was solved, which means I cheated on Hayley. Having a child with Zoey is the only thing I've ever wanted and she kept him from me, although I don't blame her I mean I am a NASCAR driver. I looked at the mattress we made into a safe bed for Landon and saw that it was in fact not a dream. I got dressed just before my phone went off from my mom, she let our little family sleep in. "Hey mom what's up?" I asked whispering walking out of the room. "It's your dad, you, Zoey and Landon need to come here now." She told me. "Alright, we will be there as soon as we can." I said and we hung up. I walked into the room telling Zoey we had to go to the hospital then I went upstairs.

"Erik let me drive." Zoey said walking upstairs with Landon in her arms. "That's what I think is best." I said taking Landon from her so she could get dressed. She drove us as fast as she could to the hospital. "Are your mom and Lindsay already there?" She asked on our way. "Yeah, my mom called me and told me to get everyone to my dad's room." I told her. "Oh, that's never good, my aunt stayed at my house when my mom was in the hospital and she had to be called to the hospital the dad my mom died, this can't be good." She said taking my hand. "He's helped me through so much I need him here." I said. "Is Landon still asleep?" She asked. "Yeah, why?" I asked.

"This is upsetting I know, but trust me everyone is going to remember your dad if this doesn't go the way we want it to go." Zoey told me. "Me and him, we will always be here for you, your dad has taught you everything he could have, now you can take everything you've learned from your dad and put it all into being a father to that boy, if you don't believe he's your son, I have a DNA test, the Charlotte hospital sent the test here." I felt some what better with her by my side. "My dad would like that." I replied. "Alright, living with you helped me get your DNA, and I knew that he would question it." She told me.

She took a glance at me and I know she saw the tears forming. "Sweetie, everything will be alright eventually, well kind of." She told me. "You lost both of your parents, how are you so strong now?" I asked. "I realized that they are never coming back, I got mad at God for a while because all the children around me had parents and he took both of them away from me." She replied before we arrived at the hospital a little later and after getting Landon we went to find the doctor that would have the test and then went to Dave's room.

"Dad, I know you would like a DNA test for Landon, so Zoey got one before we came here." I told him. "That's sweet." He said before I put Landon beside him as he was still sleeping and Zoey gave him the results. "I get to read them again?" He asked smiling. "Yes, now read them we want to know the results too." Zoey said. "Alright." He said opening the results and then getting the paper that will tell the family their answer. "Oh Erik, you were a teenage father." He said. "I get my own little family." I said. "How long does Landon sleep for?" My mom asked Zoey. "A long time, you can wake him up." Zoey replied.

I walked up to Landon and shook him lightly before saying "Landon time to wake up." He slowly woke up and was confused until he saw grandpa. "Zoey, can we uh, have some time alone?" I asked. "Yeah sure, should I bring Landon or?" She asked. "Please." My mom said. "Of course." She replied before taking Landon and leaving the room. "So what are we doing here?" I asked. "I don't have much more time here." My dad said. "Oh, so you aren't getting better?" I asked. "No, we thought I was but I'm not going to make it." He replied. I brought Zoey and Landon back in and we spent time together until he finally passed away and we started to cry.

*Zoey's P.O.V.*

"Zoey." Carol said thought sobs. "Take Erik and Landon back to the house." She told me. "Are you sure?" I asked. "Yes please go." She replied. "Alright." I said before hugging her tightly. "You can get through this, at first it will be hard but surround yourself with family." I told her. Then I hugged Lindsay and said the same thing to her, lastly I shifted Landon on my hip and took Erik's hand leading him to the car. "Come on baby, let's get you home." I said getting him into the car. I got Landon into the car and drove back to Erik's mom's house. "I feel like I'm taking care of two children now." I said with Erik still crying. "Come on Landon, let's get daddy into the house." I said getting him out of the car.

"Why is daddy crying?" He asked. "Because, you know how mommy doesn't have her mommy or daddy anymore?" I asked. "Yes they went away when you were like me." He said. "Well, Daddy's daddy just went away so he's very sad." I told him. "In the building we were at?" He asked. "Yes, in the building we were in." I replied. "Oh." He replied before I opened the door and got my boys inside. I got Erik on the bed and Landon then got on the bed and cuddled with them. "Oh darling." I said playing with Erik's hair. "He's really gone." Erik said. "Yeah, it's a shock when it first happens, but he's going to want you to be happy, and race this weekend, race for him." I told him. Just then there was a knock on the door and Erik got a text from Daniel.

"I'll be back boys." I told them before going to let Daniel in. "Hey Daniel, what's up?" I asked. "I got the DNA test done, now we are waiting." He said. "Erik is downstairs, but before we go I want to warn you, there's also a child named Landon, but don't worry he was the secret I was keeping from Erik." I told him. "Alright, we get a child running around the shop now." He said before we went to Erik's room.