Boys and New Jobs Chapter 6

I woke up cuddled up to Erik and he was still sleeping so I decided to just watch him for a while. "What are you doing?" He asked opening his eyes. "Watching you sleep you look so peaceful." I replied smiling. "Zoey, Erik the race is going to start soon." John Hunter called from outside the door. "Alright we'll get ready." I called. I got up off the bed and walked out of the room to get something to eat. "What were you two doing in there?" JH asked. "I fell asleep and apparently he did too because I woke up cuddled up to him and he was sleeping." I replied. "How long will this be going on?" He asked. "What?" I asked. "You two hiding in our RV." He asked. "We aren't really hiding in here." I replied. "Sure you're not." He replied before I grabbed a snack and went back to my room.

"I should go get ready." He said. "Alright, I'll see you in Kyle's pit box then." I said he smiled and said "yeah, of course." Before we walked to the door and he left. I got ready and went to the track. "Kasey." I said walking up to him. "Hey Zoey, any boys?" He asked. He always ask in a different way if I have a boyfriend because he feels like he needs to protect me. "Well just between us there might be." I told him. "What who?" He asked. "EJones." I whispered. "What happened to Hayley?" He whispered. "We kissed and he decided that he would break up with her." I whispered. "Oh, ok well when can I have a talk with him?" He asked. "I'll tell you when we start dating." I told him before walking off and talking to other drivers.

I finally made it to Kyle's pit box and Erik was talking to him. "Hey." I said walking up to them. "Hi Zoey." Kyle said. "Hey Zoey." Erik said smiling. "I have to go to drivers intros." Kyle said before walking to the stage. "Beautiful." Erik said in almost a whisper. "Thank you." I replied smiling and most likely blushing. Pre-race ceremonies started and ended then the command was given. "Your winner is Jimmie Johnson." The announcer said. "He got third." I said talking about Kyle. "Yeah, he won't be that happy with it." Erik replied. "Bye Samantha." I said before saying bye to Braxton and Erik walked me back to the RV. "Thank you Erik." I said hugging him. "Any time, so I'll see you in a month?" He asked. "Yeah of course." I said. "I'm going to miss you for this month." He said hugging me again. "Yeah, I'm going to be bored at home kind of." I replied.

"It will go by fast." He said. "Bye." I said. "Bye." He said before walking away and I went inside. "Can this month hurry up." I said to John Hunter. "No, it's going to go really slow." He said. "Have you packed?" I asked. "Just about done you?" He asked. "Yeah, I packed when I was getting ready." I said. "Alright." He said before we got the suitcases by the door. Joe came in and took them to the truck. JH drove us to the rental place and we met up with Joe at the airport, the rental place was right beside the airport. We loaded onto the NEMCO plane and were off back home.

"So, we have a lot of planning to do." Joe said. "What's going on?" I asked. "Me and John Hunter have NASCAR things to do." He said. "Great." I replied. We got back home and they left.

*John Hunter Nemechek's P.O.V.*

"Are you sure she will want to?" I asked my dad. "This may help her." He replied. "Alright if you think, what race?" I asked. "I was thinking Martinsville, but if she likes it she can sign onto do it full time." He replied. "When are we telling her?" I asked. "Tomorrow at dinner we are taking every one else to celebrate your win." He replied. "Ok, that sounds good." I said. My dad finished up the paperwork for our plan. We got home and ate dinner then everyone watched TV until I decided to go to bed.

*Zoey P.O.V.*

I woke up the next morning and decided to just have a movie marathon today well also texting Erik most of the time too. At 5:00 I was told to get ready for dinner because we were going to go celebrate John Hunter's win. "Girls, John Hunter are you all ready?" Andrea asked from the hallway. We all came out of our rooms and went to the restaurant. "So me and John Hunter have some news." Joe said directing it to me. "We have talked to Mr.Hendrick and got you a job as their personal photographer if you want at Martinsville." John Hunter said. "Wait, really?" I asked. "Yeah that's what we were doing yesterday." Joe said. "I would love to." I said smiling. "Well we can go tomorrow and get the rest of the things set up." Joe said. "Can I go to the shop too?" I asked. "Yeah of course it's our family's shop." John Hunter said. "Alright." I said before we ordered ate and then went home.

The next day I got ready and we went to Hendrick Motorsports to finish signing things for me to be a personal photographer for them. We went to the NEMCO shop and hung around doing whatever, both Joe and John Hunter helping with the truck. "Come on Zoey, lets go home." Joe said gathering his things. We went home and ate then I decided to start a TV series until I fell asleep.

*Erik Jones P.O.V.*

"Hey Brian." I said as he got to my house. "Hey Erik, you broke up with Hayley?" He asked. "Yeah, she cheated on me." I said. "Oh no." He replied. "With you." I said then his face went as pale as a ghost. "We were both really drunk." He said. "One of us is a father." I said as we went inside. "Wait what, she's pregnant?" He asked. "Yeah, she told me when I broke up with her." I replied. "So why did you break up with her?" He asked. "I found someone else." I said. "Who, do I know her?" He asked. "Zoey Nemechek." I replied. "John Hunter's cousin with long blonde hair and brown eyes?" He asked. "Yeah I've liked her since I first saw her with little Nemechek." I said. "Little Nemechek?" He asked. "His dad and her dad where NASCAR drivers, her dad hit a wall and passed away a few days later, John Hunter's dad was still racing after that and his son took over full time the end of last season." I told him. "Oh." He said. Brian met Zoey when I brought him to races last year.

"So why am I here?" He asked. "Hayley's coming over for some reason." I said before adding "she wanted me to tell you that you may be a father." There was then a knock on the door.