29

7 months later...

"Journal Entry 109
Blurryface is gone for good. Dr. Samuel was right, ignoring him was key. Going on through my daily routine consisted of taking all of my prescribed medication, following out with the rules, and looking past absolutely everything that Blurry would do. It was hard sometimes, though. Due to the fact that I was so keen on only focusing on myself during the daytime, the nights were absolutely mortifying and dreadful, however.

The endless morbid nightmares did their best to keep me awake, and it was sad to say that they succeeded. Every dream was correlated to a particular memory of mine. A time I first learned to ride a bike, everything had gone splendidly until an eight-wheeler truck caught me under its tires. My high school graduation, I received my diploma before stepping off the stage with a hidden noose around my neck, leading me to another death, this time in front of hundreds of parents, including my own. Josh and I's first on-stage performance, the lights had gone out and I was taken into the darkness of oblivion to which I wandered endlessly without no trace of humanity. There were even some with Rose in them.

They would mock me, taunt and tease. During one nightmare, I was in a deep sleep, and it showed the awful thing I'd done to Rose, but I had woken up and she had been beside me. I dreamt that we had gotten married, and had a little boy. It was never real, though, because I woke up after Blurry laughed in my face, yelling I'd murdered Rose and that I was pathetic enough to believe that everything had been true.

All of that slowly began to fade away after I was authorized sleeping pills, which did wonders. Thankfully, they lasted me until it was time for me to retrieve out of this godforsaken hell of a building and head back home for whatever time I had left for myself. The debate was constant in my head, but I knew the choice I'd come to in the end regardless. All's bad that ends bad, right? Wait, wrong play."

A thump sounded as I closed the cover to my journal abruptly, standing from the waiting chair after feeling a slight numbness in my limbs from being seated for so long. Martin had been speaking to the head of the facility, signing my paperwork for me as he had known better what he was doing.

"How does it feel to finally be out?" He smiled genuinely, his hand reaching to grab my shoulder in excitement before he continued signing a long document.

My fingers found their way to my head, scratching the back of it before I had shrugged, "I just really want to go home," I chuckled breathlessly. Martin nodded understandingly, his eyes not meeting mine, though.

The heavy door across the room had swung open, Dr. Samuel retreating over to me in the midst of proudness. His hand outstretched to which I had grabbed and shaken it.

"I wish you all of the best, Joseph. You're a good man, one that I have never seen quite before. Not many of my patients do their determined time, but you managed, which I'm incredibly fond of you for. Remember all of our talks, take your medication and continue with your strategy. Take care," The older man bid me farewell, taking ahold of my arm as I thanked him for all he had done for me before turning away and further continuing with his work.

"Looks like I'm finished here," Martin announced, dropping the pen down onto the desk of the unamused head of the department, "Off we go, Tyler."

***

"Shit," I cursed quietly under my breath after stepping into Josh and Ryan's new apartment. My foot had caught onto a hidden ledge of some sort as I had walked inside, tripping me up out of the blue.

I'd be staying here for the next month or so until I got everything together completely. However, if I was going to be making myself at home, I first needed to find the damned light switch.