31

"Oh my god," I choked out as I'd finally found Rose's gravestone. My shaking hands found the large marble angel which leaned onto the actual headstone where her body laid, six feet under the cold ground.

Rose's full name, Rosemary-Lynn LaCoure, and her birth and passing date were all engraved into the dark granite.

"Beloved sister, daughter, girlfriend," I read aloud softly, my nails running through the rough engravings as I struggled to breathe in smoothly. I had been hyperventilating so awfully I couldn't even make out some of the words I was reading. The familiar warm and wet feeling of tears slipping from my eyes awoke me slightly as the thought of her death found me, and I broke down into pieces completely.

My fingers ran through the grass surrounding the stone and they quivered while grabbing the dahlias I made sure to stop and get for Rosemary. I placed the crimson flowers, those being her favourites, at the foot of it, along with my crumpled letter.

I sighed out heavily trying to contain myself for a moment, and I whispered out into the ground softly, "Hey, Rose...gosh," I paused to wipe away my tears, "I-I miss you, wow, I miss you so, so much. I just want you to come back, babe. Please, I can't do this anymore without you -"

A gasp escaped my lips as I jerked my shoulder away instinctually from the sudden feeling similar to a cold hand being placed onto it which had frightened me. I shuddered in my own skin as I turned and saw nobody behind me, "Hello?" I called, already feeling that crazy vibe emitting off of me.

I decided it had most likely been my imagination as in this moment I wasn't exactly too aware of my surroundings. However, it hadn't been until I faced back to Rose's gravestone where I met her eyes again.

My bottom lip trembled immensely as I fought to form proper words in my head to which I could articulate properly through some sort of speech.

The beautiful sound of her laugh filled my ears as she watched my startled face, her blue atmosphere colliding with my red one, "Thank you for my dahlias," She smirked, the petals of the flowers being played with her fingers.

"O-Of course," I stuttered out hopelessly, wanting so desperately to engulf her into a hug right then and there. But, she wasn't real. Only another figment of my imagination. For now, though, I didn't have a problem pretending she was here with me.

"Hmm," Rose hummed under her breath. She sat criss-crossed on the grass in front of me, her short hair blowing freely in the light breeze. Her body was covered in a sheer, light and simple dress and her small feet were barefoot. My fingers found her ankles, trying my best to hold in my emotion before she'd go away again.

"You have so much on your mind, Tyler," She whispered, her head tilting to the side slightly resembling a lost puppy of some sort, "Try and clear your thoughts a little bit. Tell me, what's bothering you?"

I was still in so much shock at the situation at hand that I had completely not taken into consideration what words just left her mouth, "Um," my fingers scratched the back of my heating neck, "Am I dreaming?"

Her lips pursed and she shook her head, "I'm not sure, my love. It depends what you consider dreaming," She grinned, her hand finding mine.

She had a point.

"Can you stay here for long, Rose? Please, I don't want you to leave me again," The breath hitched in the back of my throat as my voice crackled under worry, "I just have so many questions for you and I miss hearing your voice," I held my face into my hands, crying out into them as I shook with sadness.

"Oh," she tsk-ed at me, "Tyler," the pressure of her finger under my chin was felt as she pulled my face up to meet hers, "I'm afraid I must be off again -"

I'd cried even harder as I heard her words, "Please stay, Rose. I-I can't do this -"

"Shh," She cooed into my ear, her cold hands finding my neck and allowing our noses to be touching. She placed her forehead onto mine and I'd instantly loosened from tenseness and anxiety, "You deserve all of the happiness in the world, my darling. Don't dwell for me. One day we'll be together soon, but until then I cannot have you trembling under me this way. Tell me something quick I could do to make you feel better."

With that my lips found hers, and it had been the most gentle and sincere action I had ever carried out in all my years. The pain washed away from me completely in that moment. I was no longer clueless but informed, no longer wandering in the dark but strolling through the day. I gained everything I needed in those quick seconds. But, when I opened my eyes, the feelings had gone away along with the presence of Rosemary.

***

"Is everything alright?" Josh was directed to me immediately as I stepped through the front door. I hadn't answered my phone once and had arrived home a lot later than expected so Josh's concern wasn't anything surprising.

My mind continued to wander at the cemetery and I even fell asleep while holding tightly onto what little of Rose remained in my hands, the dahlias. After she spoke with me everything seemed calm and okay, and I couldn't begin to argue with myself that I hadn't felt a nicer feeling in a while.

"I'm okay," I mumbled, straightening myself up as I tried to go under the impression of my words. My shoes were kicked off and I immediately headed straight for my room, Josh seeming to be more confused than anything.

Ryan's small feet shuffled passed the bedroom nonchalantly before stopping and knocking softly on the door. My back faced her which didn't surprise me as to why she hadn't reacted similar to Josh when seeing me, "Hey, buddy. I hope you had fun wherever you were," she chuckled out to herself, receiving nothing back from me, however, "Um, it's nearing the time to take your medicine. Don't forget, okay?"

I nodded over to her, removing my shirt before falling chest first down onto the bed. As I snuggled into the sheets, I tried my best to hide my tears before Ryan finally allowed me to be for a moment.

"I can't wait anymore, Rose," I whispered into my pillow, "I'll be with you soon."