21

"Hi, Skylar, it's nice to meet you, I'm Josh and this is my girlfriend Ryan," Josh introduced himself to the large man, who grasped his hand tightly, waving towards Ryan.

Rose and I hadn't budged from our seats on the living room couch, unlike Ryan and Josh who made the effort to stand and greet everyone. Instead, she and I said our hellos from where we sat, our hands intertwined and our bodies close.

Mila hadn't greeted anyone, though. The minute she'd walked inside, her flats were taken off and she was on her way to the couch, moving right passed everyone.

"Don't mind her," Vivian apologized to Ryan as Mila roughly brushed shoulders with her. It wasn't hard to see that Ryan was containing her anger, allowing Josh to hold her close in comfort.

Everyone had gotten themselves comfortable on the couch. Josh, Ryan, Rose, and I had sat on the couch facing the other where Mila, Skylar, and Vivian sat.

"Would you guys like something to drink?" I offered my assistance, standing to my feet as I looked to the three of our guests for an answer.

Mila scoffed, her leg folding over the other in a way that said she was better than this place. Skylar rolled his eyes at her inappropriate behaviour and Vivian had actually made the effort to speak up, "A coffee would be nice."

I nodded, checking once again if anyone else had needed anything, "What about you guys?" I asked those who shared a couch with me. Ryan stood to her feet, "I'm in the mood for something, let me come with you."

Ryan was quick to follow me to the kitchen, nudging me to move faster into the open room. As I began tending to Vivian's drink, Ryan elbowed my side, "Be on your best behaviour, Tyler. I'm not reminding you because I have doubts necessarily, I'm reminding you because I want the best outcome from this situation."

I understood, and I let Ryan know that. She continued, "I'm trying to keep my obvious annoyance to a minimum, the amount of self control I have right now is to the roof," She admitted, her hands clasping some cups.

As she poured some juice into the three of them, I spoke up quietly, "I just need to be honest with Mila. If she doesn't bother to understand even after I explain the situation that had gone down before Rose and I's break up, then I guess it is better if she's no longer in our lives."

Ryan raised an eyebrow, "What situation are you talking about?"

My body froze as I'd realized that Ryan hadn't known about Blurryface this entire time, she had been completely oblivious to everything taking place around her. I guess Josh really did keep the word to himself after all, not saying I would've thought otherwise, but Ryan is his girlfriend.

I covered up quickly, "You'll find out really soon, Ryan."

The coffee machine beeped in completion, and I poured the hot beverage into a mug for Vivian, Ryan waiting behind for me to enter into the living room together.

"Here you go," I placed the mug down on a coaster in front of Vivian on the coffee table, smiling to her as she had thanked me politely.

Ryan had poured those drinks for Josh, Rose and I, her hands placing them neatly in arms reach.

"Have you made your decision yet, Rose? I don't have time to waste," Mila scowled from her seat, her arms crossing over one another. Skylar placed a hand on her knee, whispering something inaudible to the rest of us to which Mila rolled her eyes.

"I have, Mila -" Rose started, but I had rudely interfered.

"- Before Rose does tell you, though. I feel like you haven't gotten the opportunity to hear my side of the story, which I would really appreciate for you to listen to," I explained, looking Mila in the eyes sincerely.