18

"Please don't!" I shrieked at the top of my lungs as he held Rose tightly in his painted arms. She scrambled trying to pull away from his grasp, shoving and pushing away at him. He hadn't budged.

"This is what happens when you don't listen to me, Tyler. The people you love get hurt," He snickered, throwing Rose onto the ground roughly and pouring gasoline onto her.

As he lit a match, I tried to bodycheck him away from the girl I loved. The small, fragile girl who laid hopeless on the ground, in tears.

Blurry was pinned to the ground, his eyes glowing so red I had been taken aback just by their severity. He had taken that opportunity to throw the lit match onto Rose, her body instantly catching flame.

"No!" My voice ached as I had tried to reach for her, her screams of agony engulfing me. Another sound entered into my ears at that moment. It was a sound that was consistent, and loud, and it wouldn't stop.

Ring...ring...ring

"Whoa!" My body had quickly shot up from the bed, looking around for Rose, who was fast asleep beside me. Instant relief hit me as I lifted the blanket onto her bare arms. She was still here.

On the nightstand facing her, her cellphone had lit up, voicing an annoying notification that someone was calling.

Rose rocked in the bed at the sound, but I didn't want her to wake up whatsoever, as it was still three in the morning. I reached over her, grabbing the phone and reading the name on the screen. Mila.

"Hello?" I answered softly, my voice coming out in a smooth whisper.

A loud scoff was heard on the other end, and I could imagine her rolling her eyes, "Of course you answered."

I rubbed my forehead stressfully. It was still drenched in sweat from that horrendous dream. I'd been drained from it completely.

My free hand carefully removed the bed sheets from my legs and I exited the room, "Well it is three in the morning, Mila. Rose is still asleep."

My body found its way onto the living room couch, plopping itself onto the fluffy seat.

"I packed up her things. If she doesn't come and get them soon, they'll be in the dumpster," Mila's tone was obviously aggravated, but even I couldn't understand at what for.

I tried my best to hold myself back from lashing out completely at her, my tolerance raising so severely for her own sake, "Mila, do you understand what time it is? Why couldn't this wait until morning?"

I was trying to remain calm, but she continued to test me, "I don't want her things here, Tyler. Especially if she isn't going to be living with me any longer, they'll only take up space. I'm not going to repeat myself again."

I sighed, trying to negotiate, "Would you mind if I drove by to get her things? I'm not going to wake Rose up for this."

She stayed quiet on the other end for some time, obviously thinking about what I had said, and giving me an opportunity to play around with my cold fingers. Her voice was in my ear suddenly, "Okay, you have an hour."

And she'd hung up. A groan left my lips as my thoughts poured into my mind.

"The reason Mila hates Rose is because of you. This is all your fault! Look at what you've done. How can you even live with yourself? You're worthless, Tyler."

I couldn't take it, I needed to be with someone that would stop me from doing anything stupid. Josh.

My feet made their ways towards him and Ryan's bedroom, the annoying creaking of the door opening had caused Ryan to churn in her sleep. She and Rose were the lightest sleepers, it seemed.