He sighs, fiddling with his fingers a little before concluding, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you would let me, let me have another chance. I have missed you, and I don't ever want to hurt you again. I promise, I—" his voice breaks before he croaks out, "I do love you, y'know."

I bring my hand to my chin, letting his words hang in the chilly air between us for a long while.

"I can't do this," I whisper, feeling my lips curl into a sad smile as I try to hold myself tightly in hopes I don't break. His words go through me like an emotionless void. Absolutely nothing is what I feel after hearing that.

"Rachel, I am sorry," He repeats, getting closer to me.

"Sorry? You're sorry? Those words don't mean anything to me, especially coming from your filthy mouth. Don't tell me you're sorry when all you have done is hurt me, over and over again."

I get in his face, maybe to make it clearer than it was when I kicked him in the dick, and I laugh, which comes off as a harsh, shrill sound. "You really expect me to forgive you, just like that? After every. single. thing you did? I'm not the naive one here."

My laughter begins to turn into tears, "You've turned me into a mess, then expect me to forgive you?" I wipe my eyes, knowing I've further smudged yesterday's makeup. "I can't believe you."

I look at the stunned man I once loved, who was once my best friend, with teary eyes, "You seriously hurt me, I hope you know that and that it haunts you for the rest of your life."

"I do know that.."

"I cannot believe that I trusted you more than anyone else. For two years of my life I put you before everyone else including myself and my well-being."

"We grew apart," he comments in defeat.

"No, you completely tore us apart. There's a major difference."

"You know I'm sorry," He tries again.

I shake my head and start to walk away, "But you're not. I still know you even if I don't want to."

My legs carry me out of the alley but as I reach it's exit I hear him say, "It's too bad.. Well, I did promise I wouldn't touch you right now, but not if something else did."

And that's the last thing I hear before I black out.

* * *

"Come on, Rachel," a whispering voice next to my hear encourages in a haunting, impatient tone.

My eyes flutter open, the first thing that I can feel is a sharp pain somewhere on my head and I wince. I look down, the ground super close, and realize I am sitting on my knees, and my hands feel as if they're tied, which I realize they are, behind me around some type of pole.

The effort I put into lifting up my aching head tires me, but I push myself to see my surroundings.

I have no idea where the hell I am. It looks like an empty storage unit or something, but the lights are also quite dim, I really can't make it out.

"Rise and shine, sweetheart," I instantly recognize Jacob's teasing voice behind me. He walks around to meet me. "I don't have all day, I wanted to see the sights here too, not just waste an expensive ticket on you."