Chapter 34 ~ Only The Beginning!

Serena groggily walked her way towards her locker, getting her books out. Her friends had told her to get to school an hour early. She didn't know why. Serena didn't mind. It was Friday after all.

Serena took Fennekin out of her Pokéball for comfort, since there're obviously no one at school.

Fennekin skipped, and leaped into Serena's arms, causing her to drop all her books.

"Fennekin!" She complains, placing the Fox Pokémon on the floor.

Fennekin sneezed, as Serena fed her a twig.

Serena places her book in her backpack, as Fennekin began to run off.

"Fennekin! Hold up!" Serena exclaims, running after Fennekin through the school halls.

"Fen Fen!" Fennekin stops near the music room, only to find Dawn holding a rose, a note attached to it.

Dawn laughs handing the rose to Serena.

"Who's this from?" Serena whispers.

"I don't know. Read the clue!" Dawn exclaims, clapping her hands together.

"You have found the first clue. Congrats! If an adventure is what you want, take a look...I'm a book."

Serena gasps, "The library!"

Dawn squeals, as she leads Fennekin and Serena to the library.

There, stands Gary, with a rose, another clue attached to it. "Just so you know, it isn't from me."

Serena snatches the rose and the clue from his hands in annoyance.

"The second clue will be a treat! Find the place where you can eat."

Serena sighs, but she can't help but smile. Who? Who's doing this?

"The cafeteria!" Gary exclaims.

Dawn slaps Gary's shoulder. "Gary, you idiot! She's supposed to figure out where to go!"

Serena pats Gary's back. "It's okay Dawn. To the library!"

As they arrive, Serena frantically looks around for anyone holding a rose. Until a certain someone caught her eye. Calem.

Calem stood near the table where they usually sat for lunch, a rose, with a note, attached to it's stem.

"Hey Serena, here!" he greets nonchalantly, handing her the rose.

"Don't tear this room apart! Just take a look in the stuff for art!"

Calem scoffs. "This guy is an idiot. It's obviously the art room!"

Dawn and Gary mentally facepalm.

"Guys!" Dawn complains. "Just let her figure it out for herself!"

Serena rolls her eyes towards her friends. "Okay, okay! No one's at fault. Now, let's go to the art room!"

They ran to the art room, finding Miette standing there, alone. With...guess what? Another rose and clue.

"Hey, guys.." Miette shyly says, handing over the rose to Serena.

Serena smiles towards the bluenette, and began to read the note.

"Looking for the final prize? Go where you can look into your own eyes."

"Huh." Dawn whispers. "Even I don't know where that is."

Calem shrugs, "Must be talking about some huge mirror."

"The bathroom?" Gary says.

"Now, why would the prize be in the bathroom?" Serena asks her dimwit of a friend.

Miette stayed quiet, until her eyes lit up. "Shalour Park! It's known for its lake being so clear, you can see your own reflection!"

Serena smiles. "Great, Miette! Let's try there."

"It's worth a shot." Dawn says.

-----

Serena, Dawn, Gary, Calem, and Miette arrive at Shalour Park. Serena nervously walks over to the lake, clutching her blue ribbon, and her locket.

She stared at her own reflection in the lake. "This is it. What now?"

"What now?" A voice chirps.

Serena spun around, only to find her mother, Delia, and Ash. Ash Ketchum. No. Was he the one who did this?

"M-mom?!" Serena exclaims. "Delia? Ash? Okay. What's going on?"

Ash lets out a chuckle, wrapping his arms around Serena's waist. Serena felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment. "Ash!" she loudly whispers. "My mom, your mom..they're here!"

Ash began to plant kisses on her nose, forehead, and cheeks. "I know, sensei." he mumbles.

"You- the clues...all you!?" Serena exclaims, as Ash nods.

"I just wanted to spice it all up a bit!" Ash says.

"Ash, you!" Serena smirks.

Ash scans Serena's face, his breath fanning against her nose. "Serena."

"Y-yes Ash?"

Ash kneels on one knee, and held her hands in his. "Serena Grace Yvonne."

Serena chuckles, "What's up, Ash?"

Ash mischievously smirks. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

Serena felt her heart leap, butterflies flying throughout the pit of her stomach.

Grace and Delia giggle at Serena's behavior.

"U-uh, Y-yes, Ash. Yes!" She exclaims, throwing her arms around Ash.

Ash triumphantly fist pumps the air. Pikachu leaps into Ash's shoulder, holding a rose in it's hands.

Serena smiles. She did the impossible. She's dating Ash Ketchum. The boy she'd never thought of falling in love with.

Gary groans. "What're you waiting guys? Just kiss!"

Dawn nods in agreement, as she intertwined her hand with Gary's.

Calem and Miette smile, forming their hands into a thumbs-up.

"Oh, wait! Better catch this on camera!" Delia exclaims, taking her phone out of her pocket.

Grace does the same, a big grin plastered on her face.

Serena shrugs, throwing the roses behind her, as Ash picks her up bridal-style, giving her a passionate kiss.

"They did end up together after all." Gary mumbles, wrapping his arm around Dawn's waist.

Dawn nods. "This isn't the end."

"In fact, this is only the beginning." Calem and Miette say simultaneously.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

  Yup! That's it. I had fun writing this book ^^
Thank you for the massive ongoing support :)

And to answer your questions ahead of time...
There WILL be a sequel. But it'll be up in a couple of months. It'll take me some time to plan the storyline.

Shoutout to Amourshipper444 daddygirl20 _Olek_ Raullet

Thank you!
~Lia