Chapter 4 ~ The Girl With the Straw Hat

Serena and Ash finally make it out of the club, after fighting through the mighty crowd.

"Look!" Serena exclaims, pointing at Dawn and Gary.

She walks towards them along with Ash. She looks down at their intertwined hands. She releases from his gentle grip, as Ash pouts.

"What? Don't like my hand in yours? Why, I am extremely upset." he says. Little did Serena know, that he was upset. He liked how soft her hand was.

Serena slaps his head, "Shut up." Ash smirks, and chuckles.

"Hey guys!" Dawn exclaims. "Gary's walking me home, we had tons of fun!

Ash smirks at Gary, "Gary, eh? Dawn, you're stealing my man away from me."

Dawn blushes, "Oh shut it, Ash."

Dawn turns to Serena, holding both her hands, "Are you gonna be okay?" she asks.

Serena smiles, "Of course."

Dawn smiles, but before she walked away, Serena grabs her wrist, "Have fun." she whispers.

Dawn playfully slaps Serena, and began walking home with Gary.

Ash turns to Serena with his signature, toothy grin, "Shall I walk you home?" he asks.

Serena looked at the time, "10:08" It was pretty late, man, time flies when you're having fun.

Serena shrugs, "I guess."

Ash chuckles, "I hoped so."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Ash and Serena began walking to Serena's house, as Ash broke the silence.

"What happened back there?" he curiously asks.

Serena faces him, "What do you mean?"

Ash sighs, "Up stage, I mean, when I pulled you up, you seemed like you were in a-"

"Trance?" Serena interrupts.

Ash nods, "Yeah."

Serena turns away from him, "None of your concern."

Before Ash could say anything, Serena leaves the sidewalk, and walked over to a decent-sized house.

Serena places her hand on the doorknob, and turned around again, as Ash looked at her.

"So." she starts. "We can start the project here tomorrow, my house. 3:00?"

Ash smirks, "Of course, Blondie."

Serena rolls her eyes, and unlocks the door.

"What? No goodnight kiss?" As playfully complains.

Serena smirks, and walks toward him.
Ash taps his cheek, as Serena slaps it.

"Ow!" Ash complains, rubbing his cheek.

Serena giggles, "Goodnight!"

Serena shuts the door behind her, leaving a happy Ash behind.

"Oh, Serena." he whispers. "The things you do to me. And I'm falling for it."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The following day...

It was now 2:00, just an hour left until Ash comes over. Serena picks her phone up from her nightstand, and runs downstairs.

"Hey mom! A friend's gonna come over for a project." Grace turns her head around, as she continues to wash the dishes. "What time?" She asks.

Serena chuckles, "3:00."