Chapter 18 ~ Our Beloved Dreams!

Tuesday Night, through "Skype"...

"Wassup, my dudes!" Gary exclaims.

"Hey Gary." Dawn and Serena greet simultaneously.

"Hey, where's Ash? All I see is a blanket." Serena says, scanning her eyes through the screen.

The blanket gets taken off of the screen, revealing a shirtless Ash.

"Wow." Dawn breathes out. "No wonder they call you "hot-bod"

Ash shrugs, "Well yeah, I guess...hey Sere!"

Serena rolls her eyes, "Put on a shirt, Ketchum."

Gary lets out a chuckle, "C'mon Serena, we all know that you don't want that."

Serena sighs, rolling her eyes.

*SerenaYvonne15 has left the video chat.*

Dawn sighs, "Hold on, I'll call her again."

Ash nods, leaving the screen. "Yeah, in the meantime, I'm putting on a shirt."

*SerenaYvonne15 has joined the video chat.*

"We missed you." Gary says, playfully smiling.

Serena smiles, "Oh yay, Ash has a shirt on."

Ash adjusts his black shirt, "You should be happy. It's really hot in here." he says, fanning his face with his hand.

Dawn raises a brow, "Don't be silly, Ash. It's winter!"

Ash shakes his head. "I meant my room! Oh man, I'm going outside."

Ash takes his phone, and walks outside his house.

Gary bites his lip, "Hey Ash, is it snowing?"

Ash looks at the screen, then flips the camera. "See for yourself." he replies.

Gary grunts, "Oh man, it's snowing! I hope Pop's okay."

Serena giggles, "Wow. This is the first time you're concerned about your grandfather."

Gary nods, "He has Taco Bell!"

Ash, Dawn, and Serena sweat-drop.

"Of course, this is Gary after all." The three say simultaneously.

Ash walks back inside with his phone, and made his way up his room. He places his phone on the nightstand, checking the time on his watch. "7:06"

Dawn sighs, "Hey, have you ever had dreams?"

Ash smirks. "Like the kind of dreams of me and Serena together? Every single day, Dawn."

"Don't push your luck, Ketchum!" Serena fumes, crossing her arm over the other.

Dawn giggles, "No! I meant what you'll be doing after high-school, after college."

Gary shrugs, "Well. Science has always been an interest for me. Pops is my inspiration."

Ash nods, "Well. I've always wanted to participate in the Olympics. It's always been my goal. I also want to travel regions, you know, to meet, and explore."

Dawn sighs, "I've always wanted to be a singer. I mean, it may not happen but...a girl can dream. You, Serena?"

Serena had been spacing out, "Oh, h-huh?"

Dawn smiles, "What do you want to do when you grow up?"

Serena lowers you head, resting her head on her pillow. "I really don't know." she murmurs.

"C'mon there must be something." Gary calmly says.

Serena dreamily smiles, "Ever since I was young, I've wanted to be the Kalos Queen."

Ash furrows his brows. "Huh. Interesting. What do you have to do in order to win that title?"

Serena shrugs. "You'll have to perform."

Dawn raises a brow, "Dancing? Correct? Wow. Never knew you were into dancing."

Serena nods, "I've been taking lessons recently. Performances are held almost everywhere around Kalos. People journey throughout the routes. That's what the Kalos Queen, Aria, did."

Gary smiles, "Hey. Let's all achieve our dreams, together. We'll have a journey."

Dawn nods, "Yeah! THAT SOUNDS GREAT!" she exclaims.

"I'm in!" Ash says, pumping a fist in the air.

Serena nods, "There's nothing else I'd rather do."

Gary smiles, "This summer. We'll start from Vaniville. No transportation, whatsoever. We'll travel by foot. I promise."

Ash grins, "It's settled then."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

So it's official! I will be writing a sequel to this book, after I'm done writing this one.
Can you guess the title?
It's "Achieving Our Dreams".
~Lia