10| overprotective

My mind was swirling as I paced around the campsite, running my fingers through my think brown hair. What was she gonna do when she found out? Maybe she wouldn't make a big deal out of it? Oh who am I kidding, this is dani we're talking about. My thoughts were interrupted as I jammed my foot into a rock protruding from the dirt. I immediately grabbed my foot and started jumping up and down, waiting for the pain to subside.

"You okay" chuckled someone from behind me. I panicked, putting my foot down.

"I-I'm fine.." I muttered nervously, brushing my hands down the front of my shirt. She just laughed, turning her back to me and leaning in the tent to grab her toothbrush.

"I'm going to the bathrooms. I'll be back" she called as she walked towards the small, white building. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. She hadn't brought up the text messages, maybe I could talk to her before she sees them.

I ran over to the bathrooms and stood outside waiting for Dani. When she walked out of the bathroom, I quickly whipped my head around to face her.

"D-Dani. Hi. Can we talk?" I stuttered, looking down at my hands. Her eyes went wide and she nodded. "Just promise not to be mad?" I looked at her with sincere eyes. Her face remained blank. "Okay well last night after you fell asleep, Jayson was blowing up your phone and it was really annoying so I looked at your messages, and he was freakingoutbecausehesawmypostoninsta-"

"Whoa whoa talk a little slower there buddy" Dani cut me off. I took a deep breath.

"Jayson saw my post on Instagram and immediately thought the worst. He thinks your in love with me and that he lost you. I replied to him saying that he did lose you. I'm sorry Dani I was tired and I wasn't thinking" I explained the whole situation. She let out a loud laugh.

"SHAWN NO WAY!" she screeched, reaching for her phone to look through the messages, "This is better then any game of truth or dare. EVER." bewildered, i stood there watching her amused facial expressions. "you know, he's way too overprotective." She stated, then turned around and walked away towards the campsite.

I stood there, shocked for a moment, then quickly shaking it off running to catch up with her.

wowie here's an update for u my lovers!! i wrote this like a year ago and barley even proofread but i thought u guys deserved an update after this long (:
(P.s. I really hate this book)