3| Pizza

(It's now the last week of summer before school starts again)

Shawns POV:

I start my sophomore year next week. My stomach twisted in knots. I'm not sure if I'll have a different high school experience this year because I've gained a larger following on all my social media platforms. Over the summer, I'd just kept gaining more and more followers on vine. I kept getting requests for more singing videos so I regularly posted little clips of me singing, and random clips of me and my friends goofing around. I wouldn't call myself famous just, well known? I don't know. I don't have that many followers only a couple thousand. But I feel like I could have a future in music if I work hard.

Girls. That aspect of my life is a little lacking. Of course, I have Leah and Aubrey but they are like sisters too me. And Dani? Well, I haven't seen or talked to her since that day we hung out. I kinda forgot about her. Now that I'm in high school maybe I'll meet some new people. Hopefully become more social and outgoing. Girls seem to like me well enough but just like a close friend. I know it will be different when I find the right one.

I was just kinda floating around in my thoughts when all the sudden the door slammed shut. I jumped startled by the sudden noise. My parents were at work and Aaliyah had been out with friends. I walked out my room and poked my head into the kitchen and living room. Nobody was there. I walked confused over to Aaliyah's room, only to see my sister curled up on her bed, sobbing.

I ran over and sat down, draping my arm over her shoulders trying to comfort her, rubbing my hand up and down her arm. Her sobs started slowing down to the point where she was just sniffling.

"Are you okay Aaliyah? What happened?" I asked concerned, thinking about all the ways that could've made my sister this upset.

"I'm fine" se said in between sniffles. I knew she wasn't. Aaliyah hardly ever got upset, let alone cried. I don't like seeing her this way. I wanted to be there for her.

"You can tell me, I'm here for you" I said reassuringly. I felt a pit in my stomach. Whoever made her feel like this has no heart. Yes, I'm protective. She's my little sister, she needs me. She let out a deep sigh, trying to control her breathing.

"It was..." she paused "it was Emily. She started saying super rude things about me to my friends and too, josh. She told me these things to my face also, that's when I broke." She finished, her eyes tearing up again. My fist closed and i clenched my jaw, thinking about the kids that did this to her. Aaliyah is only 8, but she's always been into boys, and been more mature.

"Then I ran home as fast as I could, and here I am" she sighed. I turned her to me, and put both my hands on her shoulders

"Aaliyah, listen to me. None of the things they said were true. You are an amazingly kind, talented, and beautiful girl. Your my little sister, and I love you" I told her, she nodded, a look of thanks in her eyes. I couldn't stress these things enough. Aaliyah was a great sister. Sure we had our fights but in the end, she was always the one to apologize first. She had the biggest heart any 8 year old could have"

"Thank you Shawn. I love you" she replied back in a soft tone. She seemed to have calmed down a lot. I sighed.

"If you ever need me to set some bullies straight, just call me I'll be there" I said reassuringly, yet in a playful tone. "Mom left us some money, want to get pizza?" I smirked. She nodded, her eyes widening.

"Cheese, please" she asked. I chuckled and nodded, while walking out of the room.

•••

Sorry this is kinda a short chapter, just a filler, showing Shawn and Aaliyah's relationship. Until next time my lovelies! Thanks again for all the feedback;)

-Em