6| Insider

(It's now 2 months into school, because I can)

Danis POV:

I feel a crisp, cold air on my face as my eyes flutter open. I had already snoozed my alarm 5 times because I forgot to turn off my alarm for the weekend. Smart. Yeah no. I reached over and grabbed my phone, it was 9:47. I had a text from Jayson.

From Jay💞 - Good morning babe😘

From Dani boo - morning jay❤️

I set down my phone after replying. He wouldn't respond for a while. He was at football practice. Ever since we've been dating I've gained so many more friends, but Shawn is still my best friend. We got super close last month in english.

I tossed my blanket off my and immediately my body felt cold. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and ran to my closet and grabbed sweat pants and a sweat shirt and threw them on. I moved my blind away from my window and looked outside. There was a thin layer of frost on the roof outside my window. I groaned then walked out of my room, grabbing my phone as I walked downstairs. I went in the kitchen and grabbed milk and cereal and started eating. My phone started buzzing as I was getting an incoming call.

"Hello?" I answered in my groggy morning voice, "hey sleepy head" Shawn replied from the end of the line. "Oh hey Shawny boo" I smirked. "Stop." He said in a pouty voice. "Fine. What did you want?" I said playfully. Shawn is my best friend, and we do everything together. "I'm coming over" he said quickly. "Alright." I said hanging up the phone.

•••

Shawn POV:

I jogged up the steps to Danis front door. I knocked twice then just walked in. I went into the kitchen first and Dani was sitting at the counter. She hadn't heard my come in so I pulled out my phone and videoed my walking up behind her and scaring her. She jumped and screamed

"SHAWN!" She yelled. I started cracking up as she hit me on the shoulder. I ran up the her room and collapsed on her bed. She followed and collapsed next to me.

"Don't ever do that again" she said breathing heavily. "No promises"
I smirked.

•••

Ugh sorry that was so short. High school makes you busy babes. I'll try and update more but for now this will have to do 😭

-Em