5| The Park

Shawns POV:

I felt a cold rush of air on my face as I entered the same doors into the highschool that I do everyday. We've been in school for a couple months now. School sucks. My music has also been going super well. I'm still just making vines, and YouTube videos but as least we're headed in a good direction.

I turned down the hall and saw Ian, and Dani walking side by side.

"Hey guys" I said with a smile on my face. They both looked up at me.

"Oh hey Shawn" they said in union.

"We were just talking about hanging out after school, wanna come?" Dani asked me. We've become pretty good friends. Thats all.

"I promised my mom I'd be home, my cousins are coming over today" I said shrugging

"Oh that's alright, see ya later" they said

I feel kinda guilty. I've been kinda avoiding the gang recently. Dani started hanging out with that Jayson guy a lot, I don't think their dating but she talks about him a lot. I don't think she realizes the feelings I have for her. I huff out some air thinking about her. Hopefully Jayson is good to her. Just then I ran into somebody. I jerk my attention up to see I ran into a small dark haired girl. Whoops.

"Oh my gosh I'm so sorry" I say helping her pick up her books. I feel so bad I wasn't watching where I was going.

"No it's totally fine I wasn't looking either" she replied. She looked up and we locked eyes for a second. She had long dark hair, deep brown eyes, and soft darker skin. I was guessing she had some Polynesian in her.

"Uh I have to get to class" she said, rushing past me. I turned and watched her rush away. I should really pay more attention to where I'm going haha. I shake my head a little and smile to myself.

•••

(After school)

I walked into my house, slamming the door behind me then throwing my backpack on the couch. I plopped down, plugging my phone into the wall charger then turning on some music. I went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked through. There was nothing in here to eat. And by nothing I mean nothing that will take under 2 minutes to make. I sighed then just pulled out some orange juice. After I finished my juice I heard a knock on the door. I went over to answer it and it was my cousins. I greeted them all, hugging them then letting them in. After my mom got home we all ate dinner and socialized.

•••

(After cousins left)

"Mom! I'm going for a walk!" I yelled as I headed out the door.

"Be safe honey!" She called back. I nodded even though she wouldn't be able to see. I wanted to clear my head. The sun was already setting and made the sky and clouds a mixture of pinks, oranges, and reds. I gasped at how gorgeous it was. There was a slight breeze and it was a warm night. I somehow ended up kinda by the school. I looked around and saw a park up the road a little. I started walking towards it. I sat on the grass and just laid on my back looking up at the dim sky.

"Shawn?" I jumped up. I saw Dani standing there. Great. Just the person I needed right now. Don't get me wrong she's great, but being around her hurts, knowing I have these feelings for her.

"Oh hey Dani" I said politely "what are you doing here?" I asked

"I come here to think about life sometimes. How bout you?" She asked with a small smile growing on her face.

"I was just walking and decided to stop here" I laughed. She chuckled a little.

"Mind if I join you?" She asked. I nodded and she sat down next to me.

•••

Dani and I have just sat talking about random things. She was super funny and cool, I know more then friends isn't gonna happen. She told me her and Jayson were dating. He seems like an okay guy. As long as he's good to her. Next thing I knew, I looked at my phone and it was 10pm. Crap.

"Uh, I gotta get going my mom will be wondering where I am, and I have to walk" I told her, she stood up.

"My sister can give you a ride, I live just around the corner" she said smiling

"No it's okay" I said. "I can just walk"

"No it's fine, come on" she said starting to walk away. I shrugged and followed her. We got to her house, and she went in and got her sister. We hopped in their car and i introduced myself to her sister.

"So Shawn, what do you do in your free time?" She asked me while we were driving

"I love to longboard and I'm super into music" I smiled.

"That's awesome!" She said. She stopped the car and I opened the door.

"Thanks so much for the ride" I said.

"Anytime kid" she said smiling

"Bye Dani" I waved. She waved back. I shut the door and ran up the steps to my house. I opened the door, and turned around once more, waving again. I walked into my house and called to tell my mom I was home. I went up to my room then checked my phone

From Unknown: Hey it's Dani, thanks for hanging out with me tonight, it was fun:)

I smiled down at my phone. We had exchanged numbers earlier, so we could make plans to hangout sometime.

From Shawn: yeah totally! Let's hang again soon;)

From Dani: definitely! See you at school tomorrow

From Shawn: yep, night.

I set down my phone. Maybe I can start to forget about my feelings for her. Hanging out with her might make it worse, or maybe it'll make it better. My mind was kinda just drifting off. I eventually crashed and fell asleep without even changing into pajamas.

•••

This story is starting to progress, slowly, but surely:) love you all!

-Em