4| School

Shawns POV:

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ears. I groaned as i remembered what today was. Screw school. I did NOT wanna go back, but sadly it was required. I really hope my teachers are chill, I hate strict teachers. I'm not one to get in trouble, but it bothers me when the teacher gets mad at other people. It's a weird pet peeve.

I reached over and turned off my alarm, climbing slowly out of bed. I stumbled over the the bathroom grabbing my toothbrush and brushing my teeth. I got my braces off during the summer, so I'm happy about that. I combed my hair then headed back over to my room to get dressed. I grabbed a blue and blank flannel with a black t shirt, and black jeans.

The smell of bacon drifted up to my room and I smirked, knowing my mom was cooking a big breakfast. I walked out of my room and started jogging down the stairs. I missed the last step and almost fell over, catching myself on the wall. I stood up straight to see my mom eyeing me with a spatula in her hand. We both started laughing.

"A little uncoordinated there, eh?" She laughed. I smirked.

"I guess the smell of this amazing breakfast is all I was thinking about" I replied. 'Twas true.

"Awww my son giving me compliments? I'm blushing!" She said, her English accent making me smile.

I grabbed a plate and started dishing up. This meal looked amazing. There was pancakes with syrup, eggs, bacon, and muffins. My favorite. My mom cooks a big breakfast on the first morning of school every year. I love this tradition. I took my plate of food to the table and sat next to Aaliyah, who had also just gotten her breakfast.

We finished our food, hugged our parents goodbye and headed out. I walked down the street to my bus stop and waited there, scrolling through my Instagram feed. I heard someone approaching and looked up, it was Ian.

"Hey man" I said, bumping his fist.

"Hey" he replied

"Ready for school?" I smirked

"Nah but I'll give it a shot" Ian said and the bus pulled up. We got on and headed towards the back of the bus. We were joined by the rest of the gang a couple minutes later. We just talked within our group until we arrived at the school.

I walked into The Doors and shuddered remembering all the good and bad memories from last year. I pulled my map out of my backpack and found my first class. I walked down the halls, already getting a grasp of the place. I found the room and walked in. I looked up and saw....

"Dani?"

•••
Danis POV

I gasped. I hadn't seen Shawn since summer started and dang. This kids glo up. He's grown at least 2 inches, and gained on a lot of muscle. His arms were toned, and his jawline. Oh man. I glanced away, he hadn't seen me yet. I just continued to rummage through my backpack looking for a pencil. Shawn looked up and we made eye contact. His eyes widened.

"Dani?" He said, clearly shocked. I rolled my eyes. "I didn't know you went here" he said taking a seat next to me.

"Haha I do" I said smiling slightly. Even his voice was attractive.

"Thats sick" he said pulling out his biology text book. We didn't talk for the rest of the class.

"What class do you have next?" He asked as I was putting my binder in my backpack

"English" I sighed.

"Haha have fun" he said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"See you around Mendes" I said highfiving him as I walked out. I sighed. Was he that cute before? I don't remember, I was too hung up on David too notice. David is my ex. I met Shawn a couple weeks after we broke up so maybe that's why I didn't notice. I got to my next class and sighed as I sat down. There was still 5 minutes to kill until class started. I pulled out my phone and started scrolling.

"Hey can I sit here?" A voice asked. I looked up and saw a boy who looked my age.

"Yeah go ahead" I shrugged.

"I'm Jayson" he said extending his hand

"Dani" I said shaking his hand. He was pretty cute. GAH WHY ARE ALL THESE CUTE BOYS IN MY CLASSES. I sighed. I should be happy but actually no because I'm never gonna be friends with any of them.

"Cute name" he said winking at me. I blushed.

"Thanks" I said shyly.

•••

After the bell rang I got up from math as fast as I could and took off for my locker. I shoved my books in and started walking down the halls. If I was lucky, maybe I'd run into Jayson or Shawn. I walked out The Doors and sighed. Nope. I started waking home. My house was only a couple blocks down from the school. I turned my head and looked across the street and saw the gas station. Suddenly I was craving a slurpy. I crossed and walked into the 7/11. The store smelled weird. I shrugged it off and purchased my drink. As I walked down the street I saw a familiar face.

"Jayson!" I yelled, running to catch up to the older boy. I'd found out he was a junior.

"Oh hey Dani, what's up?" He said slowing down so I could catch up.

"You live around here?" I asked

"Yeah just up here a little. You?" He asked.

"Same" I said.

"Why don't you come over? I don't have homework" he suggested. I did have homework but decided it could wait.

"Sure, I just have to text my sister" I said pulling out my phone.

From Dani- hey alexa I'm going over to a friends house for a little, ok? I'll be home soon:)

From Alexa- alright Sis, have fun;)

•••

Shawns POV:

I was sitting on my couch, eating potato chips and scrolling through my Instagram feed when my mom walked in. I glanced up at her.

"Hi mom" I said through a mouthful of chips

"Hi Hun. How was school" she asked

"Great!" I said, thinking about all the friends I made that day. Dani hadn't really changed. Her hair was longer and she was tanner, she was still cute though. Uh oh. Cute? I asked myself. Really? I shook it off. I don't like her do I? It's too soon to tell, I shrugged.

*bing*

From Brian- did you see Dani today😏

From Shawn- yes I did. Leave it alone Brian😂

From Brian- oh so you still think she's cute?

I regret ever confiding in Brian.

From Shawn- no... well maybe just a little😂 it's never gonna happen bro

Brian- you never know😉

I set down my phone groaning. Why did I ever tell Brian, of all people, that I thought Dani was cute? I had confided in him when I couldn't get my mind of her at the beginning of the summer. It was torture, knowing she had barley noticed me. I had eventually forgotten about her though, but now she's back. She acted different today. I shrugged it off, wondering what might happen next.

•••

Here's the next chapter! I need some feedback loves, comment wether you think Shawn and Dani should get together, or Jayson and Dani;)

-Em

(Also shani or dawn as their ship name?) (dayson or jani)