2| Vine

Shawns POV:

A couple days later

It's finally summer! The reality hadn't really kicked in yet. So far summers been good. Though, I can't really say much, we're only 4 days in. I'm glad I'm not in school, I can focus a little more on my music now, I'm getting super into it. I found this app called Vine the other day, it's like Instagram but with videos instead of pictures. I've been playing around with it a little. At first I wasn't sure what it was, so I accidentally uploaded a video of my ceiling fan. It didn't bother me. Only my friends were going to see it anyways. Right now I'm scrolling down my Instagram feed not really interested in anything I'm looking at. There are a couple selfies, pictures of dogs, I stopped scrolling... there she was tagged in a picture on Aubreys account. Danielle. Since she came and hung out with us, she was sorta always in the back of my mind. I don't know why. I wasn't particularly attracted to her, but there was just something about her that I couldn't stop thinking about. I clicked on her account and started scrolling down. I stopped on a picture of her with some brunette. She was wearing a baseball tee and a white and teal snap back, her blonde hair falling perfectly down her shoulders. Damn. I didn't realize how cute she was. I waved off the thought. Someone like her would never want someone like me.

I put down my phone and went and picked up my black acoustic guitar. I started playing one of my favorite songs, lego house by ed sheeran. Ed is one of my biggest inspirations, the way he puts so much soul into his music. And that dude shreds the guitar! HES so talented! I hope one day I can meet him. I was singing along intently to the last chorus, when all the sudden, Leah burst into my room. I cut off my singing sharply and stared confusingly at her.

"SHAWN YOU CAN SING?!" Leah blurted out with an astonished look on her face. I chuckled a little and shrugged.

"I guess" I replied. I didn't think I was particularly good, I mean, I guess I'm not horrible.

"YOU GUESS?! DUDE YOUR SO GOOD" she yelled again. I put my hands over my ears and made a face at her.

"Get outta here" she said playfully punching my arm. We both laughed.

"How'd you get in here" I asked chuckling a little.

"Your mom let me in" she laughed. "I was wondering if you wanted to hangout" she asked.

"Sure. Here?" I asked. She nodded and plopped beside me on the bed.

"Play me a song" she said, her eyes wide. I shrugged. I didn't mind playing for other people. I enjoyed my music so why not share that with other people? I started playing give me love another song by Ed Sheeran. Man, I really do love that guys music. I cut the song short because I didn't want her to get bored.

"Dude your really good" she exclaimed.

"Haha thanks Leah it means a lot" I replied. Leah has been one of my good friends for.. as long as I can remember. Shes always been there for me and I really appreciate her for that.

"Why don't I video some?" She asked. I shrugged. Might as well.

"What song should I sing?" I asked. Leah had a good taste in music, mostly the same as mine.

"Ummmm do that Bieber song.... As long as you love me" she said. Luckily I new that one.

"Okay" I quickly played the chords just so I wouldn't forget them. She started videoing and I started playing.

•••
(Later that evening)

The smell of pizza suddenly filled my house. I jumped up knowing my mom had returned with dinner. I ran out, knocking on Aaliyah's door as I passed it letting her know dinner was here. I ran into the kitchen and opened the box of pizza. GAHH IT LOOKED SO GOOD. I hadn't eaten anything all day and was particularly hungry. I grabbed three slices and began eating.

"Thank you mom" I managed to say between bites. She looked at me and laughed. After I finished my pizza I pulled out my phone and opened up vine. I started watching random videos, then decided to upload something. I spotted the video Leah took of me singing today. Why not? I asked myself. I clicked on it and trimmed it to 6 seconds then uploaded it. I started feeling super tired, so I cleaned up my plate and went back into my room. I changed into some black sweats and a grey t-shirt, plugged my phone in, then climbed in bed. I was entertaining myself with my thoughts for what felt like hours before my eyes felt heavy and I fell asleep.

•••
(The next morning, 9am)

I woke up to my phone make weird noises. I swear I didn't have any alarms set for today. I groaned and picked it up. There were a bunch of notifications from vine. My eyes widened and I opened the app.

"Holy cow" I muttered. I had gotten thousands of likes, loops, and revines on my singing video. I was astonished. People were even commenting on how talented I was. My head was swirling. What just happened? Is this normal? SO MANY PEOPLE ARE LIKING THIS! What the hell...

From Leah: HOLY COW DID YOU SEE YOUR VINE?!!

From Shawn: YEAH I DID WHAT THE HELL

From Leah: DUDE you blew up! The video went viral! It's everywhere!

From Shawn: WHAT?!

From Leah: yeah dude just go on your insta!

Sure enough, I had gained a few thousand followers on Instagram, as well as likes and comments. I'm so confused at what is happening right now. Maybe I should just set down my phone and let my brain have a break.

•••

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! I'm typing fast and it's late, I have my first day of school tomorrow so I'll try to update as much as I can! Oh, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS, STARS, AND COMMENTS! They are the best part of my day!
Goodnight my lovlies💕

-Em