[Chapter 13] |The Ballad of Richard Grayson|

Song: Broken Crown

Artist: Mumford & Sons

_________

(LAST CHAPTER)

Recap:

"Getting him out." Wally said and put his hands under my knee and picked me up bridal style.

"No No No." Joker said and held a gun at us, I saw everything slow down as he pulled the trigger, Wally ran as fast as he could.

"MOARTE!" Joker yelled and my vision cut out to black instantly.

MOARTE | Death 

______________________

[Batman]
|Location: Mount Justice Medical Bay|
|Time: 2:13 a.m.|
|February 4th, 2018| 

He's been in a coma since December. 

44 days. 1,056 hours, 63,360 minutes and 3.8020000000 billion seconds since Joker said the one word that made us all fear that he would die. The day where his brothers had to watch over the city for me so I could watch him. The same beeping day in and day out, the same brain activity, dead, the same blood pressure, perfect. 

Nothing changed. The same people visited, the same flowers fulled the table countless times, having to get thrown out due to the wilting death that was in their future. Nothing changes. 

The same routine, check the heart rate, blood pressure, heartbeat, let Martian Manhunter run a brain scan, physical therapy for his motor skills and physical function. 

The same pattern day in and day out. Nothing changes. 

I was relieved from my duty by Canary being too worried about me. I refused at first until she got me in a headlock and formally insisted. 

Alfred finally relaxed knowing that I would finally be getting some rest. 

I passed him on the way to my room as I just let my body hit the mattress and I was out like a light. 

______________________

[Robin]
|Location: Mount Justice Medical Bay|
|Time: 2:30 a.m.|
|February 4th, 2018| 

Cryogenic stasis 
  otherwise known as cryostasis or cryogenic suspension, is a form of sleep that appears very much like death.  

Their face was blurry but bright red hair made me know who they are. I couldn't see those green eyes that I longed to find security in. But just him being there made me feel secure. Like I was safe. 

I would never be safe. I couldn't find security in the broken mess that they called my mind, that void place that made me loathe everything about my existence. I've been trying to remember. Nothing comes to my mind. Ever. 

Prosopagnosia 
An inability to recognize the faces of familiar people, typically as a result of damage to the brain.

I hardly remember who I am. All I see in the mirror is broken blue pools of what seemed to be the reminisce of who I was. Raven black hair and pale skin, much like a shadow. Hardly someone who is actually real. 

I hardly remember who I was. All I remember is a symbol that reminded me a lot of .... I don't remember. A circus group.... I can't remember. 

My lungs burned, it felt as if I was drowning, nothing was making any sense. As if I was being scrambled, jumbled up to the point I couldn't fix myself. No one can. I won't let anyone try to solve my case.