[Chapter 05] |Sanatorium|

Song: Afraid

Artist: The Neighbourhood
____

Recap:

" You're gonna be ok," he said next and rested his arms around me lightly.

" I hope your right" I whispered softly and I felt a pair of warm lips on my forehead. My body relaxes slightly, that's what my Aunt would do. She knew about the abuse, but she couldn't do anything. I don't blame her, she would alway be at gun point.

" You'll be ok Dickie," Wally said once more and I sat next to him. He gave me a smile.

" Time to get some sleep birdie," he said and I went and lay down on the bed. Wally pulled the covers over me, turning off the light I didn't know he turned on. My eyes were slowly closing as I reached out and grabbed his wrist.

" Can you stay?" I asked sleepily and Wally gave me a smile.

" Of Course," he said and lay next to me. I got closer since he was warm, stupid speedster genes. He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

I hummed as my eyes closed and I fell asleep.

I just wanna be in those warm arms again that welcomed even the most beaten down of souls. One day I will be back and be in those warm arms again. I hope I will. It may be tomorrow for all I know. But all I want is to be with him and my family again.

_________

 [Robin]
|Location: Unknown|
|Time: 3:21 A.M|
|December 1st, 2018|

Everyone has a certain light about them, always showing off the light they hold oh so close, shoving it down others throats. That's what most people did, if someone could do something you couldn't in this life, they brag on and on about it, making you slowly doubt your decisions about reality or your future. Some say that doubts crush your dreams than failure ever would, and it's true.

Whoever said that life was fair is a liar, life plays on its own terms, not someone else's. Some try to overcome what life has thrown at them, whether it be loose, tragedy, doubt and fear, people still try to overcome or rule life itself. No one can rule life.

Life is an unbeatable game, an impossible catch, an unplayable song.

No one can overcome life. Simple as that. 

______________________

[Narrator]
|Location: Unknown|
|Time: 3:26 A.M|
|March 13, 2016|

~~~~ FLASHBACK ~~~~

The streets were dark. The lights were dim, all due to the lacking change that they so dearly needed. The skies were a dark raven black due to the filled night, slowly covering the people with rain and making their bodies hunger for sleep. 

The clouds continued rolling in over the dark city of Gotham, the home of the most dangerous family on the globe. The small litter on the streets rolled with the wind that gently swept it away in its clutches, making they blow into the seemingly empty allies.

All was silent on the old and worn down streets until a loud boom from thunder deafened the area. The clouds roared angrily and slowly the streets were beginning to get dosed with even more water. The water slowly washed down the drain, into the depths below the city.

Soon, everything was released from the silence by the loud gunshots emitting from the Gotham harbor and docks.

" HAHAHAHAHHAH!" a loud laugh echoed throughout the Gotham streets, The Joker walked out of one of the many warehouses on the dock.

" Welcome to my home! Bat-Family!" Joker yelled with his usual happy tone, his face paint staying on his face as the rain violently fell from the sky.

" Shut it Joker," Red Hood said in his usual demanding and cold tone towards the man who had killed him long ago.

" Little Red Riding Hoodie, that's no way to talk to your Uncle J." Joker cackled and held his gun, waving it around like it was a toy, like always.

" Shut up clown," Red Robin and Batman said in unison, both having the almost similar scowl on their faces with the scary Batglare that almost all of them had, except for Nightwing.

" I see none of you are happy to see me," Joker smiled as Harley slowly walked out from the darkness next to him.

" Hello Mistah J," she greeted with a happy smiled with her large mallet resting against her hip as she looked past her drenched bleach blonde hair and looked at the boys and some men standing before her and Mistah J.

" Harley, shall we show this kind family why we put the 'fun' in funeral?" Joker laughed and started shooting at the Bat-family.

______

[Robin]

I watched as Harley cartwheeled forward and started attacking Damian and Tim. I ran and kicked her in the back, making her roll on the wet and slick cement.

" Now Baby Bird, that wasn't very nice to do to a lady," Joker smiled and walked towards me slowly with his pocket knife in hand. I watched him closely, analyzing his every single movement. I ducked as he swiped at me, I back bent to kick him in the face. He flew back and hit the floor.

" I'm starting to think you don't like me, Birdie," he said and stood up, rubbing his jaw.

" Can't say I do. And I'm a very loving guy," I said and got kicked in the back by Harley as I saw Poison Ivy holding Bruce, Tim, Damian and Jason upside down. Paybakcs a pain in the behind.

" Hmm." I hummed and kicked Harley in the face, she flew back, hitting the warehouse, knocking her out. As I looked for, I saw Joker holding a syringe as I felt a vine wrap around and bring me up. My balance shifted with this little thing called gravity, making my forehead hit the floor with a violent crack, my vision blurred drastically as I was lifted up.

" ROBIN!!" I heard the distant voice of time yell as all I heard was laughter, something dripping down my forehead.

I opened my eyes and saw Joker standing directly in front of my with a grin, below my head, I saw a decently big pool of blood there.

" You have a bad wound Birdie," Joker said and rubbed his thumb against it, actually gently. I remained as still as possible to prevent further injuryt to my head wound.

" I can imagine." I spoke, my voice not wavering as I watched him do so.

" Your family is full of party poopers," he whispered by my ear and stood tall, he's a tall man. But in his hands, he held a syringe with a green fluid. Welp, get ready to be in pain and start laughing. 

I felt a pinch in my shoulder and soon I started in a fit of giggles to laughter, my lungs were soon burning for some oxygen. 

__________

I'M NOT DEAD EVERYONE!! 

At least I don't think I am.

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed the chapter. And I just wanted to say thank you all so much for 700+ followers. 

Anyways! Have an awesome day/night/afternoon!

-FemaleNightwing!