[Chapter 06] |Submit|

Song: I Found

Artist: Amber Run

_____

Recap:

" Hmm." I hummed and kicked Harley in the face, she flew back, hitting the warehouse, knocking her out. As I looked for, I saw Joker holding a syringe as I felt a vine wrap around and bring me up. My balance shifted with this little thing called gravity, making my forehead hit the floor with a violent crack, my vision blurred drastically as I was lifted up.

" ROBIN!!" I heard the distant voice of time yell as all I heard was laughter, something dripping down my forehead.

I opened my eyes and saw Joker standing directly in front of my with a grin, below my head, I saw a decently big pool of blood there.

" You have a bad wound Birdie," Joker said and rubbed his thumb against it, actually gently. I remained as still as possible to prevent further injuryt to my head wound.

" I can imagine." I spoke, my voice not wavering as I watched him do so.

" Your family is full of party poopers," he whispered by my ear and stood tall, he's a tall man. But in his hands, he held a syringe with a green fluid. Welp, get ready to be in pain and start laughing.

I felt a pinch in my shoulder and soon I started in a fit of giggles to laughter, my lungs were soon burning for some oxygen.

_________

[Robin]
|Location: Unknown|
|Time: 3:21 A.M|
|December 25th, 2018| 

Christmas.

The birthday of Christ himself.

The past Christmas's haven't all too friendly. They had all occurred the same, nothing, no one to spend it with. I've grown up being alone; I mean my parents were abusive for god sake. Sure my "brother's" are having a lovely time with Bruce.

I'll explain. When I was kidnapped way back in January of 2016, Things got crazy of course. I got kidnapped by the King of Crazy for Lord Sake. But that's not the worse this, Bruce had his chance to save me last year, but did he? No he didn't.

Christmas is a time of happiness, love, not sadness.

But that's all my Christmas's have been in the past. Nothing but tragedy and misfortune.

______________________

[Robin]
|Location: Unknown|
|Time: 3:26 A.M|
|June 25th, 2016|

"You know Birdie... You're an excellent hider." Joker's voice echoed through the vent I was silently climbing through. I kept my hectic breaths silent as I continued military crawling my way through the narrow and dark tunnels. "Ohhh birdie~? Where are you?" he laughed and I heard a loud noise. I looked through the vent cover and saw he has busted down my door.

Needless to say, yes. I was terrified for my life. But Bruce... Bruce taught be better. Bruce taught me to embrace fear. Bruce taught me to learn from it. But, my mind was in such a haze that I was hectically breathing, my hands were shaking, and my skin was pale. I could barely think on the run like usual but I stayed strong.

"I can hear you~." He laughed and my heartbeat increased, I could hear the blood pumping throughout my body. I continued military crawling my way through the vents.

Joker's laugh echoed off the walls, uncomfortably ringing throughout the Asylum. He decided to put me through the same torture to make me insane. I would never snoop down to that level. My sanity will stay intact. I will see my family again. I will survive this assault on my life. I will get out.

Soon, the silence filled the Asylum; I could heart my breaths in the dead silence. My heart was beating so fast I was afraid someone would hear. But, what confused me/set me off was the fact that the power was shut off. I couldn't see, I was blind. My senses were so messed up that I couldn't hear anything except my heart jumping out of my chest.

I'm at a disadvantage. But I still worked my way through the vents, going the way the tunnel guided me. I didn't have utility belt or the night vision lenses in my mask. I was at a loss.

My gut was churning; I just wanted to get out. But I felt my heart continue to race of anticipation. I looked forward and saw a small amount of light creaking through a vent cover. Freedom.

I continued the pace. I would see Bruce again. I would see the Team. I would see my family again. I would be able to fight back once the drugs that Joker used were out of my system. I would beat that clown till he was on the brink of dead. I would see Wally again...

"Dick." Wally whined as I was sick in my bed. I denied hugging him since I was sick. He kept saying he wouldn't get sick because he has a strong immune system. I wouldn't risk it. "Pleeeeeassseee." He begged and I sat up. My hair was messy and standing up in some places.

"No." I sniffled and blew my nose with a tissue. My eyes watered as I coughed into my elbow. "I don't want to get you sick." I told him strictly and he pouted.

"I won't get sick okay? I'll be okay." He said and I rolled my eyes. I grabbed a book and pulled him close by his collar. I hide our faces as kissed his lips.

"Hmph." He sighed contently as I pulled away and went under the covers. I laid there and felt him hug my caterpillar lump of blankets. I always got cold when I was sick. "You're too cute." He admired and I hummed. I sneezed and he cooed.

"Shut your mouth before I suffocate you with a pillow." I mumbled and he chuckled.

"You love me too much to suffocate me." He said and I closed my eyes. I was so tired. I couldn't concentrate so I just wanted to sleep.

"Sleep well Birdie." he whispered and I fell asleep.

I missed him so much. I just wanted to remember the warmth he always gave me when I was cold, the love he showed when I felt as if I had no one. I just wanted to be with him again.

I was just in front of the vent. But I felt a hand grab my ankle. I stopped in my tracks. I tried to get free but I felt hand grab my other ankle.

"Gotcha!" I heard a yell. I felt the hands pulling me closer by my legs; it felt like someone was trying to rip me apart. I then felt the falling sensation. I landed in my back hard and the lights turned back on. I opened my eyes and saw the unkempt green hair, the large red lips, cut into a smile and the pale paper like skin. "What? Surprised to see me?" Joker laughed and I tried to move away.

I felt my back hit the wall as the lights switched off again. He heard his footsteps and I saw him closer. The lights flickered off again.

They stayed off for a bit this time. I didn't hear anything.

I felt someone's breath of my face. Then the lights switched on, the insane green eyes were all I could see. He was smiling like he won the lottery. My eyes were wide as I tried to move back. But the wall wanted me to stay. I looked in either direction and saw I was in a corner. I couldn't move.

My breaths were caught in my lungs; I could barely breathe as I saw him stand tall in front of me.

"Looks like your stuck between a rock and a hard place." He said and laughed. My heart stopped as I saw his fist come and connect with my face. My head slammed against the wall as his foot came in connected with my stomach. I wheezed out as he kicked me against the wall. "You won't do that again. Understood?" he said and my body froze.

The beating didn't scare me. The one thing that scared me was of how much he sounded like Dad.