[Chapter 01] |Steps|

[Robin]
|Location: Unknown|
|Time: 23:12 P.M|
|October 24, 2018|

Time has past. The world has changed and the way I think has too. People have given up hope on what they want to find.

All because of fear. The four letter word that everyone hates. That single word has everyone in panic. That's why the villains use Fear to gain power. You need to be feared to gain power.

It's all so true. I gave into my fears. They consumed me. The way I look at things have changed. The hope I feel will always lose to fear. Always. People taught me differently I know but I've lost. Lost to the enemy I've been fighting since day one. Fear.

Seeing the Crimson smile will always make me feel fear. The endless torture will always make me feel numb. Always. Always make me feel helpless like a bird with a broken wing. That's the way the world is.

Change. Change is always happening in the world. That is something no one can ever stop.

Time has past. The world has changed. The way I think has too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[Robin]
|Location: Mount Justice|
|Time: 3:45 PM|
|September 12, 2015|

" Baywatch!" Artemis yelled and I heard Wally laughing. I turned my head and saw Artemis chasing Wally. Artemis was covered in green paint. I struggled not to laugh. But it was funny.

" Dude! Help me!" Wally pleaded as Artemis he successfully got him in a choke hold. I snickered as I shook my head.

" Sorry KF. You got yourself into this" I snickered and Artemis dragged him away. I turned back to the T.V. I was watching The News with Megan. She held a pillow close to her chest as she leaned against Conner. Conner being Conner fell asleep because he wasn't watching static.

" This is Vickie Vale with today's News! Black Gate Penitentiary has received another prison outbreak. The criminals Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn have escaped. But also for Gotham's breaking news Joker has escaped from the elusive Arkham Asylum. Everyone stay in your home after 6. That was today's new with me. Vickie Vale." Vickie Vale said and my face paled. Megan looked shocked.

" They got got in there a month ago" she said and I looked at the screen.

Joker. He'll always be Gotham's reminder of how much this city needs saving.

" Boy Blunder are you paying attention!" Someone snapped their fingers in front of my face. My vision went nostalgic as I saw a blurred smile. The Crimson color of seeing your worst fears face. That gut churning smile, that smile would make even the most threatening men run for their lives. I don't even know how many times I've seen that Crimson smile.

" Mistah J! The Kiddie Justice is heyah to get their birdie back" Harley Quinn, the Queen of Crazy yelled as I hung my head. They couldn't see me like this. Slowly losing my will, leaving me to grasp at the broken shards.

" Goodie Goodie. We should show them how much of a broke bird we have. Sorry birdie but your wings have been clipped" My Crimson nightmare laugh as I heard the shoes slowly click away.

" Bye Bye kiddo. We'll have another play date soon enough" he said and then came the gut churning laughter. That laugh would make even the strongest man shake in fear. The iron door slammed behind him. The bang rang throughout the room.

" I can feel him! He's in pain" I heard a worried voice yell. Then the room instantly brightened. Spotlights. My body softly shook from the pain I unconsciously felt. Numb. That's how I felt.

" Robin!" I heard another worried voice yell then a gust of wind.

" The Kiddie Justice is heyah to get their birdie back"

" Robin. Can you hear me?" A soft voice said. Batman. I knew that voice in an instant. I slowly opened my eyes and saw familiar cape and cowl. All I did was nod. Then I was enclosed in my fathers arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

" Don't leave me. Please" I whispered painfully and I felt him walking. Everyone went fuzzy.

" Never birdie" he whispered and I tightened my grip. Fear. That what his Crimson smile made me feel that night. Fear was the golden word in a villains life.

" Robin!" Megan yelled and I was shook again. I blinked and saw her with worried eyes.

" Yeah Miss. M?" I questioned softly as she hugged me. I stiffened at the sudden contact.

" We never knew what happened." She whispered and my eyes widened. That night with my Crimson nightmare. Then she pulled away.

" I'm sorry! My mind was wandering and I didn't mean to!" She squealed and I looked at her. I smiled softly.

" Megan. It's ok. I don't mind" I said and she was shocked I smiled. Her and Artemis were like the two older sister I never had. I love them like family.

" Ok Robin" she said and smiled. We sat back on the couch and watched Celebrity Ice Hockey. Soon Wally and Artemis walked in. Artemis sat next to me and I leaned against her. She smiled and wrapped an arm around me. Then Kaluder joined in. We all sat there as a happy family.

People in life have a simple objective or task.

Live

The simplest 4 letter word. But a simple word that people misuse everyday. Always taking advantages and ruining their own lives, wasting time on useless things or taking a life. Taking a life is the hardest thing a person can do yet it's the easiest. But once a person told me this.

Life is a beautiful lie and Death is the painful truth.

It's true. But as long as I have my family I will always live my life the way it was supposed to be lived.

As a hero.

___________________

Hello my assassin children! I hope you like my new chapter for Crimson Chains!

I love writing this book because it has so many aspects that you don't even know about yet!

Anyways! I hope you enjoyed it!

[Comment] Comment how you liked the chapter. Be honest! Plz

[Vote] Vote plz! It makes me feel happy that people actually like my writing. :)

Anyways! Hope you enjoyed.

Song: Drown In You
Artists: Daughtry

Anyways. I'll see you later my assassin children.

-FemaleNightwing.