[Chapter 11] |Obscured|

Song: Hermetico (Deorro Bootleg)

Artist: DJ Marvel with Ford Fairlane

_________

CAUTION: GORE (defiled appendages)

_________

Recap:

I watched him start to throw punches, coordinated and planned, I brought my arm up as I felt my body collide with the side of the van, I was about to run away when he kicked I saw his other knife and pin me to the grey van. Knife inching closer and closer to my face. I saw it sink into the metal behind me as we moved to the side. My shield was close. I shoved his arms around and grabbed him from behind, bending back and throwing him to the floor. I yanked out my shield and held it. I got a punch in the chin and I ducked under his knife, he switched hands as I stabbed my shield in the plate of his metal sleeve. I brought the shield around and put my face over the muzzle and flipped him over me.

I watched him roll as the Muzzle fell off, his back to me as I waited. Who was he. He turned and looked at me. Everything around me stopped.

"Robin?"

  ______________________ 

[The Asset]
|Location: Happy Harbor Junction|
|Time: 3:15 p.m.|
|December 10th, 2017| 

The streets were flowing with people, from below, away from the abandoned garage space in Happy Harbor. I watched the civilians move below me.

I heard commotion blow, looking through the holes in the thigh cement, quite large surprisingly. I saw the 4 of the JLA. Shazam, Superman, Martian Manhunter and Green Lantern.

"Robin?." William Batson, or known as Shazam called out and floated above the paved parking space on the 13 floor of the car park. "Artemis?"

Asset. My assigned name, I have no name, not this 'Robin' they keep calling me.

"I think I know what happened to the team." Hal Jordan, formally known as Green Lantern hollered at the inert members that rested in the spots they fell during our fight.

Each click of their boots ran throughout the abandoned stacked garage. Every step rang through the hollow interior. It echoed through the small vents and down the seemingly empty rows for cars. I saw them below me again.

"I hear another heartbeat." Clark whispered and looked up. It's time. I jumped and flipped from the top, sending a flying kick to the jaw of J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter, he tried to faze through and avoid it but and threw a small smoke-bomb like orb, filled with Aerosol, lights up on impact. It made contact with his cape and I wrapped my thighs around his head, using the momentum to spin and sprawl his body in mid air. Soon the fire caught to his entire body. He used his telekinesis to throw me off. I brought my knife up and nicked something, his bicep and everything below that collapsed to the floor as I was flung through the air.

I rolled and landed on my the shoulder of my arm, rolling and using my fingers to stop me. I shoot up and looked at them. I saw two strikes of thunder appear at my feet, I didn't flinch, I kept my eyes on the target, the JLA, one was already unconscious, J'onn J'onzz.

J'onn J'onzz

Clark Kent

Hal Jordan

William Batson

"Robin, I don't want to do this." Clark announced and I pressed the button on the wristband of my glove. 13th floor, still relatively higher than the 25th.

I saw a small turret gun loaded with Kryptonite bullets shoot at him, I ran towards him and shouldered him, causing his now weak body to go through the glass of the car park. I held my foot under his chin and we went through a museum, his body colliding and sending a relatively loud boom, the supports rupturing and collapsing. Unconscious.

J'onn J'onzz

Clark Kent

Hal Jordan

William Batson

I heard a soft flutter from behind me and I reared back, my arm going through a green force field. It shattered under the impact and I saw the face of Hal Jordan.

"Robin I don't wanna do this." William yelled and held a thunder bolt, while Green Lantern was getting ready to put a bubble around me. I grabbed my gun and shot Jordan in the shoulder, a specially engineered bullet from my handlers to induce fear.

"Well I'm not." Jordan said and used the last bit of his willpower and made a grenade launcher, I used my metal arm as a shield and my body went through a window, rotating in the air as my back collided with the door of a car, my body fell to the floor as I slowly got up.

I saw the body of Jordan fall and his green lantern suit go back into the ring, he was unconscious.

J'onn J'onzz

Clark Kent

Hal Jordan

William Batson

I saw the face of William look at me. I held my stance firm as I looked at him. He's 10.

"Don't make me do this." He said and stood there.

"Soldat, a reveni la baza o dată misiunea ta este finalizată." (Soldier, return to base once your mission is completed.) I heard the voice of my handler command. Not Joker, a lower class.

"Da domnule." (Yes sir.) I replied back and looked at Shazam. I clicked the button in my glove and he shocked with a pretty high voltage of electricity.

He let out a rather loud cry and he turned back into William or 'Billy.' I walked forward and grabbed my knife, I grabbed his jaw and cut off his tongue. He yelled loudly and I pushed him off, dropping his appendage on the floor. I looked down at him and punched his face. Rendering him unconscious.

"Misiune indeplinita." (Mission accomplished.) I reported back and vaulted off of the junction wall, using a hookshot to swing and land on the bottom half of the empty highway.

"Bun. Raportează la bază." (Good. Report to base.) My handler relayed and I walked down the highway, which lead to an cliff to the ocean below, I walked quicker and broke into run, jumping off the cliff and diving into the ocean below.